Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
I'm glad things are going well .

It sounds like the two of you get along better when you don't share an abode.

(Deja Vu, have I said this already?)
Yeah, it's true. There's some complications that haven't been ironed out; but that takes time.

We're still planning to move stateside, and the plan always was to have multiple "homes" on one property. Almost commune like, but... just "us"...

Anyway-I think we will end up with AT LEAST everyone having their own personal building-if not full "house" (ie maybe not kitchens/bathrooms in them all). It seems to be a necessity.

Shrug. I'm ok with that. As long as we're close enough to walk to them, I think I can handle that fairly stress free.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:49 AM

Congrats LR. I am happy for you guys. I hope it continues going in the right direction for you.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight View Post

Since you've already considered buying a piece of land together and building on it, I hope that this dream comes true for you.

"There's nothing wrong with building castles in the air, as long as you use them to create foundations for reality."
LMAO, I didn't read this before my last post.

We've actually ironed out the WHERE. And ironed out that Maca and I will be going down in Aug or Sept of 2012 for 2 months (with the $40k for the downpayment) to try to locate THE property we want.
In the meantime, GG is working on getting approved for a load to get an RV (as he has no carloans or mortgages currently).

That was a HUGE relief to just get something a little more concrete laid out.

We've talked more in depth about what we each NEED in this "new home" for our own well-being and pretty much agreed that there will have to be at least two houses and a "shop". The houses may be more or less "complete" (we could handle sharing the kitchen and living space), but that way each of us has a place we can "runaway" to when we need our alone time, without being "gone" from the kiddos.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Yep, I said the same thing back in March! Can I get credit for it? It is something works for many folks - I've met a few couples that are really happy with dual homes.
Yes Nyc, you may take credit.

You all are so funny and so fun sometimes.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Congrats LR. I am happy for you guys. I hope it continues going in the right direction for you.
God I hope so! I totally could use a few YEARS that are drama free!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:08 AM

Glad things are looking up! From someone who gets seriously stressed out from lack of privacy and too much commotion, what you have planed sounds wonderful.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:42 AM

I would RELISH being able to go out to my own "place" and read, write, paint (just paint by numbers, I'm not THAT cool) or whatever....

Dream big... Dream often... Then get your ass to work and make it reality... (right?)
Old 05-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my daughter's best friend committing suicide.
Maca, GG and I took flowers to the gravesite. It was bittersweet.

I still feel a twinge of guilt for not "catching it" before she went to that step. But, I know she didn't give me much to "see" that would have told me anything was wrong-much less THAT MUCH.

I miss her and I hurt for her two dearest friends...

But-I'm so fucking thankful that it wasn't my baby.

After, we went to town and I got a much needed pair of sandals. (the old ones were falling apart).
Then we went to visit Maca's ladyfriend.

That was bittersweet too. It was OBVIOUS that she was happy to see us, we enjoyed sitting in the grass, sunshine everywhere, the kids running and playing in the yard while we talked amicably.
But-within 1/2 hour it was time for the kids of her household to go swimming. her other live in boyfriend takes them. We knew he and his wife before any of us knew her and had a friendly though not close relationship. But-he was CLEARLY unhappy about us being there-which created an awkward tension and we left.

Sigh...
Sometimes I think poly isn't worth the effort.
Hell, sometimes I think relationships with people aren't worth the effort.

On a side note, Maca and I had some gravely serious-productive conversations without an argument. It wasn't easy and there were a lot of tears. But, we managed a couple topics and moved on to easy camaraderie and lovemaking after.
Small progress.

GG's having a rough week. A lady he works with was run over and killed this week. He didn't know her well, but the rest of the staff did and the school is holding the funeral-which due to his position was his job to coordinate set up for (and soon, tear down as well). That in addition to "normal" work responsibilities. He's a naturally emotionally sympathetic person and being surrounded by so much sincere heartbreak has been taking a toll this week.
I cuddled with him this morning for an hour and we just talked. That seemed to help some, just getting his thoughts out and then moving on to other topics.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my daughter's best friend committing suicide.
Maca, GG and I took flowers to the gravesite. It was bittersweet.
((HUGS))

Quote:
But-he was CLEARLY unhappy about us being there-which created an awkward tension and we left.
I think you have mentioned this couple before. Sometime you just can't win.

Quote:
On a side note, Maca and I had some gravely serious-productive conversations without an argument. It wasn't easy and there were a lot of tears. But, we managed a couple topics and moved on to easy camaraderie and lovemaking after.
All progress is good and any heavy discussion that you can recover from quickly is reason to celebrate

Quote:
GG's having a rough week. A lady he works with was run over and killed this week. He didn't know her well, but the rest of the staff did and the school is holding the funeral-which due to his position was his job to coordinate set up for (and soon, tear down as well). That in addition to "normal" work responsibilities. He's a naturally emotionally sympathetic person and being surrounded by so much sincere heartbreak has been taking a toll this week.
((HUGS TO GG))
Old 05-13-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Sigh...
Sometimes I think poly isn't worth the effort.
Hell, sometimes I think relationships with people aren't worth the effort.
Yikes! Feelin this myself...but it is just temporary monogamy, I will get through it!

Glad things are working out...slowly but surely. Hugs for GG on the uncomfortable work situation and hugs for all just because!

Tags
commitment, family oriented, love, lovingradiance, progress, v formation, vee dynamics