Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
But it is.. Outright, impossible to be an independent person while submitting yourself to someone else.
While ours is not a D/s type relationship - I do believe there are women on here who are the sub in such a relationship - but who are also very independent, outspoken women. Am I right?

And again - to clarify - he isn't trying to control me or make me his slave. Not at all! This isn't all about him - it's about me choosing to "submit/surrender" to things in my life that I can't control or have no right to try to control. There are going to be times when him and I will disagree about things - and unless it's something I believe in strongly, I most likely will give in (picking my battles) to avoid an escalated fight that will only cause us to lose precious time together. We've already lost enough.

He wants MG in his life more fully. I have resisted this for a long time. It has only caused resentment and anger in both of us. Therefor - I am choosing to work on acceptance and finding it in myself to let go of this resentment. In doing so - I am surrendering to the reality of this situation, of my life and of what 2rings needs in his life. I'm not just "submitting/surrendering" to him, but to reality. I am reading Radical Acceptance and learning a lot about pausing, acknowledging feelings, and letting go.

So please - enough about "submitting" and enough about his quote. I understand everyone's concerns, outrage etc - but that quote has no bearing on my decision.

I have a long road ahead of me and I would like to be able to continue to come here for advice and support based on what I write - not on personal opinions of 2rings. I hope that's still possible.
“There is only one world, the world pressing against you at this minute. There is only one minute in which you are alive, this minute here and now. The only way to live is by accepting each minute as an unrepeatable miracle."

Tags
abusing partners, compersion, compromise, conflict, marriage, mono, vee