Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 03:04 AM

I'm starting to be able to identify the difference between what is said to me and what I hear a lot quicker than I used to be able to. I have a tendency to listen to my inner voice who beats me up a whole bunch. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just me listening to the voice but I react to how I interpret what I've heard rather than to what was actually said. On the bright side I'm working on saying outloud what my inner voice has said as soon as I realize that it might not have been what was said in the first place...which is part of communication, right?
Old 04-27-2011, 06:12 PM

I've been reading some of the old threads that people have linked to in their posts. A lot of them have a lot of posts in them from Mono and RP. It's making me smile. The love and respect is so evident. I have a blog to go and read now from someone else who is very special to me for some more smiles.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 PM

So yesterday I spent looking at things that make me smile and today I went and looked at something that makes me angry. Why do I do that to myself? I know it's there and there isn't anything I can do about it and on top of it it really has SFA to do with me? And yet I still look...and get angry all over again. Perhaps I should go back to looking at something that makes me smile again.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
So yesterday I spent looking at things that make me smile and today I went and looked at something that makes me angry. Why do I do that to myself? I know it's there and there isn't anything I can do about it and on top of it it really has SFA to do with me? And yet I still look...and get angry all over again. Perhaps I should go back to looking at something that makes me smile again.
Did you go with intent to find threads that made you angry, or did you happen upon them by accident, (while browsing) and they made you angry all over again ?

If with intent, there must of been a memory that set it off ? Either way, we all do those things. Eat food we know hurts us, look at things we shouldn`t, do things not good for us.

Try not to dwell on it,...or use it as a exercise in trying to see it from another angle. Either way, get yourself to a positive thought, then shut the book in your mind.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 PM

It wasn't a thread at all. It was pictures on facebook that I semi stumbled upon again, although I did go looking deeper than I needed to. It's all good. I'm mostly just angry on a friend's behalf...after all no one involved has done anything to me at all.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 AM

We went to see RP perform at her burlesque show last night. Mono, PN and I were all in the front row to cheer her on. She was awesome and I'm so proud of her. She had the best costume of any of the performers there. All in all it was a very cool evening. I got all dressed up too (only one of 2 in the audience who bothered). I looked like something out of a 60's B movie.

Tonight is much more low key. We're having movie night with the kids. We're introducing them to the classics...Army of Darkness . So far they seem to be enjoying it.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:40 AM

Thats a very solid geek weekend. Congrats...

pics of the 60's b movie costume?
Old 05-01-2011, 01:47 AM

There a pic that my husband posted on facebook last night. I know you can see those
Old 05-01-2011, 01:50 AM

yes I could. haha must have slipped past my news wall

Great outfit...
Old 05-01-2011, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
We went to see RP perform at her burlesque show last night. Mono, PN and I were all in the front row to cheer her on. .
I'm putting the pic your hubby took of us three, PN, me and you, in my photo album! Scream if you object

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Tags
metamours