Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-25-2011, 06:29 PM
LovingRadiance's Avatar
LovingRadiance LovingRadiance is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 5,440
Default

gamer-I didn't run a lick when I was losing weight. I was too large breasted to even CONSIDER it in light of my neck injury.
I just walked and got to where I was walking fairly quickly-but the biggest thing was walking until I was tired-every time.

You can do it!
__________________
"Love As Thou Wilt"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-25-2011, 06:43 PM
SNeacail's Avatar
SNeacail SNeacail is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 1,647
Default

Got a 45 minute walk in on Saturday, prior to my kids baseball game. Ended up spending most of the day outdoors and totally fried my chest, arms and legs.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:11 PM
gamerprincess's Avatar
gamerprincess gamerprincess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
gamer-I didn't run a lick when I was losing weight. I was too large breasted to even CONSIDER it in light of my neck injury.
I just walked and got to where I was walking fairly quickly-but the biggest thing was walking until I was tired-every time.

You can do it!
Hi LR! Yes, I too amd very large breasted..No amount of sports bra combinations works short of duct taping them down, haha. My back kills me if I run, but if I take a steady pace on the elliptical it's not so bad. I'm going to get in that walking tonight to start! I was having trouble doing the 3 flights of stairs to thr new place we moved to, but I can do those with no problem and actually enjoy doing it because I know it's good for me, I feel better and I've been losing some weight doing it 3-4 times a day.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
sage's Avatar
sage sage is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 625
Default

My jeans are getting baggy yay And it's been Easter!!! And it's been rainy (hard to walk) And I've had an awful cold. So really pleased after Easter holidays of visiting family etc.

Far be it from me to push products but do you have something over there called "Sensorslim" or something like it. Apparently there have been worldwide trials and very good results. I've been using it now for a couple of weeks, and no scales so can't tell exact weight loss but my jeans are definitely looser. It's a spray you spray in your mouth 10 minutes before eating and I also use it if I start to get cravings or want to emotionally eat (although since using it that has almost gone). It doesn't profess to be a miracle cure but it does help you stick to a sensible eating plan and it definitely keeps my blood sugar stable.

I have a large wardrobe of clothes I can't wear. I don't really care about weight loss on scales I just want to fit my old clothes.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:54 PM
LovingRadiance's Avatar
LovingRadiance LovingRadiance is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 5,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerprincess View Post
Hi LR! Yes, I too amd very large breasted..No amount of sports bra combinations works short of duct taping them down, haha. My back kills me if I run, but if I take a steady pace on the elliptical it's not so bad. I'm going to get in that walking tonight to start! I was having trouble doing the 3 flights of stairs to thr new place we moved to, but I can do those with no problem and actually enjoy doing it because I know it's good for me, I feel better and I've been losing some weight doing it 3-4 times a day.
I was over an F cup-wearing size 9 jeans. So I totally hear ya. It was damn near impossible to run in an emergency! Plus a herniated disk in my neck and a bulging disk in my neck ( can ya guess what they think caused that?).

I was afraid that walking wasn't going to cut it, but I found that it was just fine. There were a few plateaus, those suck.

But, for the most part I just kept increasing my distance each month and trying to walk as fast as I could (go MP3 player with loud, fast dance music) and that worked out fine. I was very careful not to do anything that resulted in bounce.

SO I wore a job bra-(new balance makes the only one I ever found worth a shit-it clips around under the boobs after you put it on, so it can be loose enough to GET ON and then tight enough to stay put!). Even though the bra wasn't enough to be free to run, it did keep bounce down when walking fast. Big help.

I still wear a jog bra when I walk/run or workout, and now I'm only a B/C cup! But, it just does make a huge difference.
__________________
"Love As Thou Wilt"
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 PM
gamerprincess's Avatar
gamerprincess gamerprincess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I was over an F cup-wearing size 9 jeans. So I totally hear ya. It was damn near impossible to run in an emergency! Plus a herniated disk in my neck and a bulging disk in my neck ( can ya guess what they think caused that?).

I was afraid that walking wasn't going to cut it, but I found that it was just fine. There were a few plateaus, those suck.

But, for the most part I just kept increasing my distance each month and trying to walk as fast as I could (go MP3 player with loud, fast dance music) and that worked out fine. I was very careful not to do anything that resulted in bounce.

SO I wore a job bra-(new balance makes the only one I ever found worth a shit-it clips around under the boobs after you put it on, so it can be loose enough to GET ON and then tight enough to stay put!). Even though the bra wasn't enough to be free to run, it did keep bounce down when walking fast. Big help.

I still wear a jog bra when I walk/run or workout, and now I'm only a B/C cup! But, it just does make a huge difference.
WOW!! F cup? I have no room to complain. I thought my D/DD's are too much. I totally feel for you, LR. My bf loves my boobs though and is sad to see them deflate, haha, but my back and shoulders sure won't be sad. I'm hoping when I slim down that I'll be at a full C cup and that they will firm up a bit.

I need to get that jog bra. Sounds amazing and like it's what I need. What sort of diet or regimen are you following aside from that or have you followed to get to where you are now?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 PM
BrigidsDaughter's Avatar
BrigidsDaughter BrigidsDaughter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 822
Default

Walked 6 blocks today, which is pretty damn good for me on a rainy day during my high allergy/ asthma season. Gonna do some more walking tonight since I'm on my old campus and the building I'm going to is about another block away uphill.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 PM
LovingRadiance's Avatar
LovingRadiance LovingRadiance is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 5,440
Default

gamer-read through previous posts and you'll see what I did/do.

I had to have a breast reduction-but I'm much happier and healthier having reduced them. Maca and GG loved them big-but they love them just fine small too.
Unfortunately for me, I lost 60+ lbs and they didn't shrink. LAME.
__________________
"Love As Thou Wilt"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
LovingRadiance's Avatar
LovingRadiance LovingRadiance is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 5,440
Default

Brigid-that's AWESOME! Great job!!!
__________________
"Love As Thou Wilt"
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Ariakas Ariakas is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,872
Default

Had a fun weekend visitng SG. Played some football, running around and moving heady objects. Wasn't exactly structured activity but still had a blast with her and her family.

Nursing an old football injurty. To much over the head movement usually ens up straining my right shoulder, a few days of stiffness is worth it
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
loss, self-esteem, self-growth, support, weight

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05 PM.