Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 PM

It was going to be my room wasn't it. I even spent time in there to get away and to make a point that I needed a room. I now want it to rise up to its original glory somehow... or new glory anyway. LB keeps asking to go out in it. When he was a wee thing he used to sit up with me in the car seat and we would listen to oldies in the radio (men in the back ). He loved that. Us two sure have a travel bug! I can't wait to do some travelling with him! This is part of why I don't want to sell the ol' girl. We have had two offers this spring.... but nope, not ready yet
Old 04-20-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I really don't have anything to say about poly these days. I don't know if I should carry on writing this blog either really.
Blasphemy!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 PM

Are you kidding??? It is SO GREAT to hear "everything is going smoothly"!!! Isn't that the ideal?! Keep writing, it gives hope to so many (well, to me anyway!)
Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 PM

Yeah, as much as drama and conflict can make for a good read, I'd always rather hear that things are going well. Every time someone from the vanilla/mono world is like, but does that ever work? I often think of you and Mono, PN and Derby. I love seeing a tribe/group of relationships where the members are all on board, consenting and enjoying it. Not just in the poly world but with all the people I know, I see so many relationships (myself included) struggling or blowing up in people's faces. A healthy relationship in any lifestyle is something to celebrate. I know way more relationships in trouble than I do ones "going smoothly." So, cheers to good relationships!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 PM

Cheers to traveling too!!
That sounds like so much fun!

I love taking my boy for a long drive, we have the greatest talks, and he notices the coolest things!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Yeah, as much as drama and conflict can make for a good read, I'd always rather hear that things are going well. Every time someone from the vanilla/mono world is like, but does that ever work?

The drama is what we remember.. and what others remember.... It's the 'boring' everyday life that makes a relationship.

Maybe this is the time to blog about poly recipes.... many ingredients...many people who can cut them, and many people to eat the finished product.

When things are going well, I don't have time to blog... when things are miserable...especially when I'm not working... I blog too much..

Ah... to find a balance..
Old 04-22-2011, 03:50 PM

I'm with the others here, especially Ray, I would much rather read about the every day, hum drum, lives of the people I'm growing very attached to.

I DO need to update my blog though, lol.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
I'm with the others here, especially Ray, I would much rather read about the every day, hum drum, lives of the people I'm growing very attached to.

I DO need to update my blog though, lol.
I thought that's what facebook was for
Old 04-22-2011, 05:06 PM

:d
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 AM

Thanks everyone. Ya, I tend to go on and on on FB about the mundane and ordinary of life. I am such an open book really

This weekend I had a really fun night with Derby where we went dancing and watched a friend of mine get picked up. It made me sad.... end of story. I'm not even going there.

I enjoyed smooching with Derby the whole night but was a little fearful that it doesn't mean much. Stupid I know... which is why I haven't brought it up Derby, as I know you are reading this. I guess I figure that kissing is not a big deal to her and therefore doesn't mean much when we kiss, but I know that is stupid, so I try not to go there. To me it means a lot, that's all that matters. I don't just kiss anyone and neither does she, so I am good.... Still, I woke up uneasy for a bit...

I think part of my mood upon waking was because I was a clumsy ass that night. I fell and hurt my knee quite badly, did a whole bunch of other clumsy things throughout the day, including throwing dip at LB by mistake and clumsily talked about stuff too. Sometimes I should shut up and just be. Of course I don't do that and end up feeling the fool. Sometimes I shouldn't think so much as it leads to fear..... fear leads to feeling overly vulnerable and trusting... and so the cycle goes on and so I continue my self talk to get out of it.

Yesterday I went for a ride with Mono and his friends. That was the first time. Of course he didn't give me a ride. I was someone elses bitch yesterday I didn't mind, although I would much rather snuggle up to him than some guy that I don't know, who was obviously not entirely comfortable with me. It was okay though, he chatted and pointed stuff out along the way and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I can definitely see the appeal and how it could be a very bonding experience clinging on to the one you love, moving with the bike and working together against the wind and flow of it all.... whatever you call that.

Today we had the family over for Easter tea. Egg hunt in the house as it rained... LB thought the easter bunny came through the window, as it was open for a bit. He asked if I hide the eggs and I asked him what he thought, he said no. So I said it was up to him to decide what he thought happened... same response to santa this year..

We dyed eggs, had a wonderful Alice in wonderland tea that I baked for for hours last night and then my mum and I made our own hand cream (unrelated to easter). It was a fun afternoon... very relaxed and everything flowed naturally.

Mono and PN work so well together to get things done and make everything nice. I had planned it all and was the director of events and they followed my direction to a tee. I was pleased and appreciative of their support and ability to let me be the boss on this one. This happens often and I so love the manner in which they conduct themselves together when I ask for their help... sometimes its my turn to help and I try to do the same.

It all comes around, but more often than not, I am the one who arranges things and expects them to help out. They are so good about seeing how important family time is and being part of helping make it happen... it has meant a great deal to me that my parents can see that we are all happy and work well together. Mono hasn't been well the last few days and they can see that I am worried about him. My mum asked about that in front of PN and was concerned that someone I love is not well. It was a telling sign of where she is at and how much she now cares how we are doing... she supports our little family.

Off to watch a movie with Mono... PN danced up a storm last night and our date night was taken up by looking after LB. He slept in my bed and I in Mono's in Mono's part of the house..... PN had a last date with his part time boyfriend last night... he is moving across country and that will likely be that. He had a really good time and woke up happy and content that he had some time to say goodbye.

I wanted to post something on another thread that I wrote by way of remembering... its interesting how people perceive us when they don't know the whole story....
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I like that people in our neighbourhood think Mono is our roommate/housemate. They kind of wonder why such an obviously attractive and available man would be single, but, meh, whatever, no one says anything so openly... just talk about us behind our back when they see us all outside doing the garden or something.

It was interesting the other day when Mono's buddies came over with their bikes to take me on a ride. They think its just me who lives there and that he is the tenant... they don't get why we don't live in the same part of the house and rent the suite This time they saw my husband in the window and I said he was looking after LB. They probably think he came over for the day or something... I dunno, don't care really. I'm fine with the mystery, by the time they know they will see that we are all good and happy and its normal to us.

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee