Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 05:21 PM

I'd be more than happy to offer this script to this site and get something setup. The term "dating site" may be misleading -- it can be used to match people up for not just dating, but friendship, business to business, etc. It's something I've been wanting to do and have a free, fully functional site that was a genuine benefit to the poly community.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:31 AM

Smile

I for one would love to join your site when you do finally get it set up. So far it sounds great.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 AM

Smile Dating Sites--Poly style.

Hello Keith and everyone else that has commented in the Thread.

To begin with I've been on many Poly - Dating Sites:

PolyMatchMaker

PolyFriendsNetwork(Finder)

Loving More - was Moderator of forums at LM under handle of Lazaruslong until they went with new Beta site and now I can't even log into the Chat features or Forums

Pearz - which is no more.

And also have a profile at Ok Cupid

With all that experience you'd think I'd have better advise to give but alas all I can say is Good Luck.

Just Me,
Tim
Round & round the circle goes.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 PM

I've often toyed around with the thought of building something as well, Keith... The web developer in me cringes horribly when I try to visit a lot of the poly-themed dating sites, but alas... paying projects have taken over my life.

On a the technical side of things, were you considering building something totally ground up? What language?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 PM

Fantastic idea, and I'd be there with a profile in a heartbeat.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:43 AM

Hi all.

I just thought I'd throw out that I spent the last month creating a poly dating site, as my girlfriend and I had been having serious troubles meeting new people to join our relationship.

So, I created LoveMany.com, and it is a free, ad supported dating site. It supports couples and groups, and doesn't lock you into those groups. In fact, the way I set it up is that you set up individual user accounts, and then link them together as a couple or group account, which allows your individual accounts the freedom they need, and the ability to add and remove group members as your relationship dynamic changes.

The site is pretty much brand new, and has very few members, but I'd be happy to see new members join. And of course, as it is brand new, if you find anything you don't like, or anything you think should be done a different way, I'm very much open to suggestion.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy.

Regards
Chris
Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 PM

Chris,

Thanks for the new site. Signed up
Old 06-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Just looked at it and it looks good.

The terms of use, however, chased me away. Your terms of service state that each user grants all copyright of their posted text and photos to you. The terms continue to say that all members also free use of anything posted in any fora they please.

That means the site owner and any other member could take my pix and use them wherever they please, for whatever they please, and I have nothing to say about it. It means they can take anything I post in my profile and also use it in any fashion.

Um...no. Not gonna use any site under such terms. I can't recommend that anybody else do so, either. Facebook just caught major heat for that sort of grab for rights and had to pare back what it wanted; I'm surprised any site tries to use such terms after that.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:51 PM

hmmm, hoping as its a new site, thats somehting that will get changed?!?! just kinda glazed over the TOU as usual since most of them are the same standard blah blah blah, glad I didnt put up any pics yet, grrr, got soooooo excited over the uber poly kindness.

will keep peeking and see if it changes at all
Old 06-07-2009, 01:39 AM

Sorry I haven't replied in so long. I've recently had a bunch of medical issues which has made it hard for me to spend much time online. That should change soon.

Chris, your site is looking pretty good. I'm a PHP/MySQL developer. I also know some Ruby. I'm not completely sure I want to start a completely new site if you already have one that serves the needs of the community. I'm looking for unity in the community, not competition.

I would like to offer my service as a developer if you're interested.