Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Old 04-02-2011, 06:02 PM

I'm realizing I'm becoming more comfortable with it in starts and stops, in little epiphanies and then little backsliding.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Location: :P Cautiously looking around this new world that seems to fit...

For me it was an epiphany moment when i first read about it... since then it has been a series of heartwrenching forays into my own soul... and blissfully peaceful acceptances, followed by surges of glorious growth... and back into the heartwrenching forays (bit of a circle but the journey is so incredibly worth it as I discover myself and my strength)
Smile! It makes people wonder what you've been up to

Engaged to my sweetheart, WaterWolf

my blog (non-poly) Pearls & Pixiedust

Old 04-20-2011, 10:46 AM

In reading your answers, I came to the conclusion that mine is yes and no. I'll clarify.

Firstly, there was a epiphany of sorts for me 3 years ago when I realised that I don't feel any jealousy of my husband. Back then I was thinking about sex, but have been consistent with other aspects of relationships as well when I have come to think of them.

The other way around there was no epiphany, when it comes to being able to love multiple people at the same time. In this regard I feel similarly as I do with my bi-sexuality. Without thinking about it I just assumed that nobody has any limits in terms of gender of how many loves there can be. It has actually been interesting to find out that there are people "wired for mono" in that even if they question the social norm they still only can love on person at a time.

insecurity, new to poly, personal growth