Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 02:59 AM

NYC, did you check my link? Maybe you should find dates that way? Anyone you know to vouch for you. I thought it was a pretty interesting way of doing it actually! Not something I would want however...
Old 03-27-2011, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
NYC, did you check my link? Maybe you should find dates that way? Anyone you know to vouch for you. I thought it was a pretty interesting way of doing it actually! Not something I would want however...
Hmm, okay, I just did but I don't get it. What are you trying to say? That I should blog to get dates, LOL? I never really have a problem getting dates, but OKCupid's working pretty well for me, since I'm always online it seems - so why not? I have so many messages to sift through in my Inbox, that's what wears me out most! I mean, this is NYC, when I do a Match search on OKC, I usually get over 50 pages of results! I try to narrow it down more, and have gotten it to about 30 pages. But I also meet people pretty easily in the real world, too. Gosh, I've gone out with men I've met in the subway, the laundromat, classes, workshops, walking down the street, and in fact I first met my husband in the post office, so...

I don't really need help in finding them. Keeping them around could be a different story.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 03-27-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:46 AM

Oh sorry. I hope I haven't insulted you NYC. I'm sure you have no problem finding dates. I was being half funny because I thought it a very bold move and hilarious, but also definitely a way to stand out. Not much missing there, especially as his partner wrote it!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:09 AM

Oh, no, I wasn't insulted at all! Hence the "LOL" I stuck in my post somewhere. No, I guess I was confused because I thought the link would take me to some kind of dating site and when I saw the blog I was like... huh? That's all. But I guess it's another take on setting up someone you know on a blind date.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 04-11-2011, 03:11 PM

Default Scheduling

Would you imagine there are not tags for 'scheduling/schedule/schedules', the issue at the core of multi-partner management?

So, how do you do it? At what point does it come cumbersome? How many partners can you pull off with only 24 hrs to a day?

To clarify, I am a leech sucking at the lifeblood of our Northern welfare society, sitting on my arse all day and pretending to 'study'. Still, it seems I have barely time for dating as it is! I shudder to think of what the situation would be like if I actually had a JOB .

Of the seven nights per week, two are reserved for my mum. One sleepover per week is Flattie's (she is the lovely girl I'm currently temporarily separated from, in that I moved back to mum's for a while ). I am looking forward to establishing a pattern of weekend sleepovers/family dates with my couple, with a possibility for individual dates during the week. I think that regularity and predictability is the key to managing poly with kids, am not normally such a scheduling nazi.

With my sweetheart we have talked about scheduling as well to prevent excessive pining. When I'm with him I don't wish to be simultaneously interacting with anyone else, so let's say a few hours at minimum every other day.

And yeah, I am still living up to hope of attracting a real primary of my own. Hopefully someone who doesn't have any kind of social life of their own and/or doesn't need sleep to make time for us two to be together. Is this a pipe dream, especially since it's starting to look like I can't avoid getting a job indefinitely.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Custodian

"How many partners can you pull off"

Poly isn't an athletic event. I don't think in terms of "I have this much time on my hands. How many partners can I pull off during that time". I don't understand it when folks think that having poly relationships means having as many relationships as you can going on simultaneously. "I have 3 partners but I'm free on Sundays and Thursdays, so I need to find another partner for those days".
Old 04-11-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
Poly isn't an athletic event.
Woot, no medals?!

I try not to get into the mindset of 'I don't want to meet anyone new', since I do! I'm just not certain I have the time for them.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post

Poly isn't an athletic event. .
Which is a very good thing. I'm wondering how I would even go about 'winning' at poly .
Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Which is a very good thing. I'm wondering how I would even go about 'winning' at poly .
By communicating better, faster, and harder than everyone else, of course!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Ask Charlie Sheen, he's said he's "winning." And the goddesses... well, let's not even go there.

But, I think you may have to have tiger blood and Adonis DNA

OKC Profile

Blogs:
Mind Crush
sloetry

“Instead of getting better and better at avoiding, learn to accept the present moment as if you had invited it. And work with it instead of against it. And making it your ally rather than your enemy.”
-Pema Chodron

Tags
approaching someone, asking people out, dating, finding someone, first time, flirting, married and dating, meet ups, meeting new partners, meeting people, okc, online dating, poly dating, primary, primary/secondary, secondary, sex, small town, solo, third partner, thirds