Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2011, 08:30 PM

It always seems to go very very fast at the beginning when you're not the one who is having the NRE. I'm sure she feels as though she is going at a snails pace. I'm going to echo what some of the other posters have said. Identify what it is that you need from her in your relationship with each other. When my husband started dating his girlfriend he was away in another city and I asked that I be the last person he spoke to at night. So we would have our nightly phone calls before he went to bed. That was what was important for me in my relationship with him and what I needed to feel close to him (although I didn't word it well at the time).

Cell phones can be a huge problem. It can be very hard not to text another love when you are out with someone and something comes up that makes you think of them but it can also be seen as hugely disrespectful to the person who you are physically with. Decide what level of texting is ok when you and your wife are out together. Talk to her about it and work out what is going to be the most comfortable for the 2 of you.

As hard as it is try to breathe before freaking out. The constructive conversations don't happen when you're in freak out mode. Figure out what you are feeling and what is at the root of those feelings and share that with her. This is a big change but you will find a new normal. (and it probably won't take nearly as long as you expect it to).