Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 03:57 AM

Have you spoken to Ladybug about these transgressions? Just wondering if that might be useful, or for all of you to discuss things together.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 04-08-2011, 04:00 AM

Indie, I'm would love to discuss things all together, but if it happens, it will have to happen after the "break". We shall see.

By the by, the break is for all of us. Pretty will not see either I nor Ladybug during this time.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitat View Post
The point is moot, however. The night after I wrote it, I called him and told him that we needed space, and that I would send the email, but I never did. I needed to talk in person. The next day, we talked and he said he needed space to figure stuff out for himself. He's torn because he loves both of us. I need to be stabilized again and feel respected, so I suggested that we be exclusive for a while, until we work things out, and then open our relationship back up. He's unable to commit to leaving her (I really don't blame him for that, it's just that we're not getting anywhere in this V) and is overwhelmed with the intensely emotional repercussions of his actions. I feel terribly threatened that he could leave me for her. It's definitely a possibility. Perhaps a probability.
So sorry to hear, lots of hugs coming your way now.

I have no moral objections to most forms of non-monogamy, and certainly none to serial monogamists. Perhaps at this point in his life Pretty is not able to handle the emotions balancing between ORE/NRE causes, and his love for Ladybug is taking away from his love for you. If he is a serial monogamist at heart, leaving you 'for' Ladybug has nothing to do with you but simply means you got to him first.

I don't know if this helped or caused more fervent cleaning activity, but I guess it's good either way ?

Tags
communication, nvc