Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 AM

Today I woke up and spent the day in bed until 2ish (thought I would add this in, in light of recent conversation)... had sex several times and drank coffee, and forumed and planned and talked and watched Mono play with his phone All common occurrences, but today was the first time I felt the pull of being lady boss to our household. Up until now I have felt separateness between our part of the house and Mono's. I don't think I do any more and I don't think I see household responsibilities as separate any more either... this was evident in Mono and my conversation.

We talked of the up coming gardening season and what kind of division of labour there might be between us all. It could go three ways I think; a. we all work together to get it done so we can all relax and enjoy later... and spend time together, b. PN and I do it all and my time would be cut from Mono as I would see gardening as a necessity to a certain point, or c. The guys don't do anything and I do it all and no one sees me for the rest of the summer.

When I asked PN what he thought about the garden responsibility coming up he said, "oh ya, lets get a list going and see what needs to be done and then start somewhere." Mono asked if it was necessary to garden at all and what I would do if someone decided to not help. This is when my list of possible scenarios came in.

I don't know where we are at... early days yet. I have a show at the end of the month and I won't be all that available for the May1st deadline we usually keep for planting the veggies. I made a list of what I thought needed to be done and starred what needed doing first. What I starred is also what I don't need to be in on in case the guys feel like doing it without me. The rest is nitty gritty stuff like weeding... well I know what is in the garden and it can wait until May.

So now I am wondering if I have to play the cranky wife trying to get the men motivated to take responsibility thing with these two... PN has good intentions, but gets side tracked easily with his writing and "indoor" activities. Mono would rather be riding and watching movies I think. It could very well be that either I turn into hag wife, or do it myself. I vow to do it myself silently without demands and without conversation... just silently trapes outside to do it.

See how long that lasts.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:28 AM

Sometimes you just have to remind them that if they enjoy what the graden gives, they have to help tend it. Karma will be really excited to get one going, and then it all falls on me. So if I have time to tend it he gets a bounty of good food, if I don't he doesn't. I think he's realized if he wants to eat, he has to help.

Good luck!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:38 AM

Of course I will help Lilo....that is part of how I show love, acts of service

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-29-2011, 06:54 AM

I had a really nice date with Derby tonight. Thai food and then somewhere for dessert. She paid for dinner and I paid for dessert. We chatted and caught up on a lot of things and then had a lovely smooch in the car before she dropped me off. It was great to catch up. Life carries us away sometimes and both her and I have been very busy with our own stuff. It was great to re-connect and spend some time together. *Sigh* happiness
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I had a really nice date with Derby tonight. Thai food and then somewhere for dessert. She paid for dinner and I paid for dessert. We chatted and caught up on a lot of things and then had a lovely smooch in the car before she dropped me off. It was great to catch up. Life carries us away sometimes and both her and I have been very busy with our own stuff. It was great to re-connect and spend some time together. *Sigh* happiness
Old 04-07-2011, 06:47 AM

Things are humming along here.

I was the pick up girl for a Carnival Burlesque show this past weekend and got to dress up like a cheeky clown. It was so much fun, a lot of hard work and I got shot with a sparkle gun. Next up is Robot burlesque at the end of the month. Practice starts Monday.

I am missing PN lately. He is very quiet about himself and not all that interested in spending time together. We have been getting along great but he is very much in a hermit phase. A long winter with no holiday, the year end business to keep up with at work (he does 1/3 of his work in March) and the almost death of his father has meant little to no time for anything else but catching up on sleep and looking after himself.

PN's dad is about to head home to his island. He will be in hospital for much more time to come, but he is on the mend... he is still very confused, but that is lessoning. Work has started to figure out support for him and his wife.

Mono and I are great. We carry on as our usual selves, bickering and arguing about stuff that we can't seem to see eye to eye on. Mostly about the forums these days. He is so different than me, yet we love each other immensely. I have never known someone to challenge me so much yet I never seem to feel as if we aren't on the same page some how. We always end up being fine. It certainly plays out in the bedroom so I'm not complaining.

My dear Derby is a gem. She continues to nurture my need for having someone to bounce stuff off of who won't argue with me or agree necessarily but just listen. I love our conversations. We can be so gossipy, but at the end of the day we have sorted so much out about our lives and what we think about stuff. It's so important and keeps me grounded and on the path to thinking clearly about what I want and where my future lies. She has really made me sit up and notice that half the stuff I get wrapped up in is bullshit and not worth my energy. I love her for that.

I have a date with Leo tomorrow night. It's been 5 weeks and I look forward to seeing him again. Beer at a pub and a long talk.

I have been thinking about my tersiary a lot lately. I have some tools of his in the back of the car that I have been driving around for a month. I need to return them but he doesn't reply to the emails I send. I think I will just go over.

I have seen his wife several times in the last few weeks and wonder how his divorce is going. She has integrated into my community here and it causes me some concern. Her and I have a long history together. She comes up every now and then into my life. She and I always seem to seek out similar communities. It's so interesting how people circle around sometimes.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Mono and I are great. We carry on as our usual selves, bickering and arguing about stuff that we can't seem to see eye to eye on. Mostly about the forums these days. He is so different than me, yet we love each other immensely. I have never known someone to challenge me so much yet I never seem to feel as if we aren't on the same page some how. We always end up being fine. It certainly plays out in the bedroom so I'm not complaining.

Our relationship has deep roots in an extremely trusting friendship. We are naturally drawn together and I love just being around you. True, we are very different and see the same situations on the forum with different perspectives and this leads to bickering. But we usually find out we are merely misinterpretting each other LOL! We do that quite often as well. The way we talk leads to confusion and frustration but we get through it Our connection is strong and our love very passionate...things are in fact..GREAT!

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 04-07-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Our relationship has deep toots
Deep toots...is that the secret to a happy relationship?

Last edited by Derbylicious; 04-07-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: forgot the punctuation
Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbylicious View Post
deep toots...is that the secret to a happy relationship? :d
hahaha!!

Poly Events All Over
Old 04-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Deep toots...is that the secret to a happy relationship?
Wahahahaha! Well, let me tell you about Mono's deep toots! Heh

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee