Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-31-2011, 02:25 AM
AnnabelMore's Avatar
AnnabelMore AnnabelMore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,239
Default Unrequited love between metamours

Is this something that happens much? Have you ever had a crush, that wasn't returned, on your lover's lover? Or had your partner's parter tell you they loved you when you didn't feel the same way?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 AM
redpepper's Avatar
redpepper redpepper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,639
Default

Well I just said in another thread that metamour love is the back bone of successful poly relationships to me. This is taking it to another level!
__________________
Anyone want to be friends on Facebook?
Send me your name via PM
My blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2011, 06:48 AM
LovingRadiance's Avatar
LovingRadiance LovingRadiance is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 5,429
Default

I had a crush on Maca's gf. I can't say she didn't also have a crush on me possibly, but certainly not the same way/depth/level.

I adore her, she's a doll. But, I have to limit my time around them, because I get jealous of the attention she gives him... I know-fucking assbackwards. I just wish...

She's a sweetheart, treats me with love, respect, honor. I absolutely fell for her when she wrote in a note to me "thank you for sharing your M with me." It seems silly even to me, when I repeat it. But when she wrote that and I read it-it just drove straight into my heart. It was such a metamouristic thing to say (yes I made that word up) and I thought OMG she's SO amazing!

She's intelligent, beautiful, sexy, fun, sincere, caring, considerate, patient, accepting...
I could go on and on and on....

__________________
"Love As Thou Wilt"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM
MrFarFromRight's Avatar
MrFarFromRight MrFarFromRight is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smack in the middle of The Spanish Revolution!
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I had a crush on Maca's gf. I can't say she didn't also have a crush on me possibly, but certainly not the same way/depth/level.

I adore her, she's a doll. But, I have to limit my time around them, because I get jealous of the attention she gives him... I know-fucking assbackwards. I just wish...

She's a sweetheart, treats me with love, respect, honor. I absolutely fell for her when she wrote in a note to me "thank you for sharing your M with me." It seems silly even to me, when I repeat it. But when she wrote that and I read it-it just drove straight into my heart. It was such a metamouristic thing to say (yes I made that word up) and I thought OMG she's SO amazing!

She's intelligent, beautiful, sexy, fun, sincere, caring, considerate, patient, accepting...
I could go on and on and on....

Hey! Sounds like you're in love. Questions coming. You mix past and present tenses here [you'll love French verbs!]: "I had a crush", "I can't say she didn't also have a crush", "I adore her". So, has she still (maybe) got a crush on you? Do you still have a crush on her? Is bi a possibility for both of you? Is there a really big deal about "certainly not the same way/depth/level"? Wouldn't this (maybe) work itself out (level out / reach dizzy heights together) if you were to get involved romantically and/or sexually? Or would that REALLY drive Maca over the edge?//

Just questions from a somewhat shy Yeti curious about those human polys...

Is she the one that likes straggly beards? in that case, I agree with everything you say about her!
__________________
If I can't dance, I want no part in your Revolution.
- Emma Goldman Anarchist and Polyamorous par excellence
The person who says something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Tonberry Tonberry is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,386
Default

I has never happened to me, as I'm straight and have only been involved with straight guys so far, but I imagine it would be a pretty tricky situation.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2011, 01:58 AM
magikman79's Avatar
magikman79 magikman79 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station TX
Posts: 53
Default

I watch a lot of Asian cinema & Unrequited love is a common theme there, I always loved those stories SO MUCH, until I felt it myself...

"If only..." the 2 saddest words in any language...
__________________
"The more a thing is perfect, the more if feels pleasure and pain."

Our Blog

My Facebook

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2011, 03:06 AM
AnnabelMore's Avatar
AnnabelMore AnnabelMore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikman79 View Post
I watch a lot of Asian cinema & Unrequited love is a common theme there, I always loved those stories SO MUCH, until I felt it myself...

"If only..." the 2 saddest words in any language...
Emotional rejection actually does cause pain, as a recent study found: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ealth-science/

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 04-01-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-2011, 03:33 AM
magikman79's Avatar
magikman79 magikman79 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station TX
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
Emotional rejection actually does cause pain, as a recent study found: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ealth-science/
True... True...
__________________
"The more a thing is perfect, the more if feels pleasure and pain."

Our Blog

My Facebook

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2011, 03:35 AM
BrigidsDaughter's Avatar
BrigidsDaughter BrigidsDaughter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 822
Default

When Wendigo and I first got together, I was terrified of Pretty Lady. Now I love her and know that she doesn't love me the same way.... oh, she's definitely physically attracted to me, but she's doesn't believe she's poly so she won't let her feelings go beyond a crush and a friends with benefits situation. Since that means I get to keep her in my life, I'm okay with that, but it does sting a little sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-01-2011, 03:36 AM
magikman79's Avatar
magikman79 magikman79 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station TX
Posts: 53
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
When Wendigo and I first got together, I was terrified of Pretty Lady. Now I love her and know that she doesn't love me the same way.... oh, she's definitely physically attracted to me, but she's doesn't believe she's poly so she won't let her feelings go beyond a crush and a friends with benefits situation. Since that means I get to keep her in my life, I'm okay with that, but it does sting a little sometimes.
Be careful, feelings can & Do change.
__________________
"The more a thing is perfect, the more if feels pleasure and pain."

Our Blog

My Facebook

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dating, metamour, unicorn, unicorns, unrequited, vee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:29 PM.