Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 PM

Smile Hello!

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 25-year-old male (straight) software developer living in the midwest. I'm married to the woman of my dreams and recently (very recently) we've begun to practice polyamory.

Right now my wife is seeing someone (well, "seeing" being relative, it's a long-distance relationship with someone she met over online gaming) and I haven't yet started seeing or seeking other relationships myself. While we planned on having a hierarchical poly lifestyle that's already quickly changing as she has deep feelings for her new friend and he feels the same. I've read enough to know not to try to shoehorn relationships into something they're not, so I'm very accepting of the depth of her feelings, even if different than our original intentions. We're trying to take things as they come so adjusting to one new relationship for now seems to make sense, with more to follow later.

I'm really excited to start talking to other people in the community...right now I have only my wife I can talk to about things and I'd love to be able to bounce thoughts off of a bigger group of people. So hello, and I hope to learn many interesting things around these parts.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 AM

Hello, I'm glad to hear it's working out for you and your wife