Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciselove View Post

The reality as I see it is that plenty of people are going to lie about their needs or wants because if they were honest it's much harder to find people that will accept it. The amount of people that will accept someone that just wants to have as much sex as possible is low compared to someone that "wants to find the love possibilities out there and expand their mind".
The reality as I see it is that swinging is all about sex with little to no emotional connection. This movement has been around since the 60's and is fairly well accepted by the public at large.

Now, sex PLUS love with a person other than your main partner? It's a newer idea that many seem to find more threatening and harder to deal with than just plain old getting your rocks off and going home.

There seem to be lots of people here new to poly who could accept their partners *just* having sex, or just having friends, but add the two together and the green monster (not the back wall at Fenway Park, the other green monster of jealousy and envy) rears its ugly head.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37

Tags
attachment, commitment, definitions, descriptions, lifestyle, poly, sex, swinging