Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 AM

This was an issue in our house briefly because Adrian is LOUD. Her "keeping it down" is most peoples loud, and hr loud is - well, most of ou neighborhood knows when she's getting some, lol.

But now it's the other way - the other two don't give a rats tail when I' with Adrian - Violet even thinks of it as foreplay 'cuz she knows the more I get the ore I want - but Adrian freaks out if she hears either of them; especially when she hears the whips cracking, lol. For some reason she's extremely upset by the BDSM side of things lately.

I don't think that I'm ready to hear any of them with another guy, but thus far that's a non-issue with Violet and Lana, and Adrian's "play dates" as I call them are a his hotel room (he lives out of state and comes to Vegas on business every couple of months).
Old 03-25-2011, 02:13 PM

While we don't live together, I think this story is relevant to the current conversation.

My boyfriend, T-Rex, spends Tuesday and Saturday nights with me while my husband, Thumper, is at work. Sunday mornings, when Thumper comes home, we fire up the airbed in the living room so we can have breakfast, watch movies, play video games, chat, listen to audio books, and have playful sex. These mornings often last until five or six at night. My daughter stays at my mom's on Sundays.

This past Sunday, over the course of such a 'morning', Thumper was sitting on the edge of the airbed looking up something on his laptop (which was set up on a TV tray next to the airbed) pertinent to a conversation he and T-Rex were having. Meanwhile, T-Rex and I had been casually fooling around under the covers.

So, T-Rex rolls over and is about to mount me (yay!) and Thumper starts talking about whatever it was he was looking up. He glances over, sees T-Rex poised for action, and says something like, "Oh, sorry. I'll wait."

T-Rex cheerfully says, "No no, go ahead, finish your thought," while continuing to... well, you know... initiate docking procedures.

Meanwhile, I start giggling. I have no clue what the topic was because my brain goes mushy at such times.

So Thumper says whatever he was going to say and T-Rex (who has achieved full penetration at this point) answers him thoughtfully. I think there may have been a brief conversational exchange at this point, but my memory is fuzzy there. Then T-Rex turns his full attention to me and we have a lovely bit of sex.

Mind you, T-Rex and I had plenty of intense one on one time the night before, so I didn't feel at all ignored or anything. I think I already had sex with Thumper that morning, probably with both of them, possibly at the same time, but Sunday mornings are lazy and fuzzy and warm, and we don't keep track or score or anything. They all kind of blur together in my memory.

Anyhow, T-Rex and I finish and take a moment for a cuddle. Thumper, who has been on the computer the whole time and was sitting on the airbed right next to us, laughs and says, "You know, it's really hard to use a mouse while you guys are doing that." He then pantomimes the effect all the bouncing had on his mousing skills.

I thought that was pretty funny, and T-Rex has a rich, booming laugh that is pleasant to feel resonating through his chest when I'm cuddled up against him.

It was awfully nice. I love the sense of camaraderie that has developed between them.

This makes me think that we possibly could all live together someday, though I'm not making any plans at this point. It's too soon and there's no real need for it. But at least the sex wouldn't be a problem.

I guess my point is that the sex doesn't have to be a problem, but it's something the metamours need to work out between them. I've been with T-Rex for about 8 months now, and this has developed slowly over time. We used to keep it separate and T-Rex would leave when Thumper came home (though that didn't last long), then we all started just hanging out together Sunday mornings, then it progressed to cuddling while hanging out, then light fondling under the covers entered the picture, and now it's this friendly and affectionate experience that is super warm and fuzzy.

It helps that we were all good friends before I became intimate with T-Rex.

My poly story begins here. Now with new blogging action!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:35 PM

That's really nice, Penny. I think the gist of that post would have its place is Poly Successes
Old 03-25-2011, 10:11 PM

Omigosh, Penny, your story just warmed the cockles of my heart. I want what you have!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 03-25-2011, 11:30 PM

Maybe below the cockles. Maybe in the sub cockle area... Maybe in the kidneys, maybe in the liver... Maybe EVEN in the colon... We don't know.

Sorry - had too... :P
Old 03-26-2011, 12:41 AM

That's fucking great Penny. Wowza. Sounds very joyful and I am truly happy for you and your loves to have come to such an intimate place between the three of you. It makes me happy just to know that such a thing could exist.

I would say "lucky you", but we all know this has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with all of you doing the work to create the life that you desire.

-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 AM

That's lovely penny I understand where you are at and it reminds me of times I have had... before Mono moved in and we were in our NRE and had NRE with PN as well as he was part of that, things were close to your situation... now its not so much about the sex together and more about eating together or watching a movie together. Meh, typical relationship stuff after NRE ends and ORE sets in

I'm so glad we waited until this honey moon phase ended before talking about moving Mono in. We were telling someone last night that once we had been over EVERYTHING five millions times, from what to do if it ends to what kind of money arrangements we would have, there was nothing left to do but try it... and then we waited more... by the time he moved in there was a sense of "thank GOD! It's finally happening" not because we were desperate to be together all the time, but more because we were all sick of waiting to see if more would come up and because we were exhausted by talking about it all the time!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
That's lovely penny I understand where you are at and it reminds me of times I have had... before Mono moved in and we were in our NRE and had NRE with PN as well as he was part of that, things were close to your situation... now its not so much about the sex together and more about eating together or watching a movie together. Meh, typical relationship stuff after NRE ends and ORE sets in
Meh. I hate that term, ORE, old relationship energy. I prefer ERI, established relationship intimacy.

I dont think you need to presume 3way sex between Penny and her 2 guys will end in the next year or two. Sounds to me like both her guys love spending those long Sundays together with her, whereas your husband PN and Mono are both more introverted. And you seem far too active to spend whole days in the sack with the same 2 people every Sunday!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 03-26-2011, 03:24 PM

Wendigo and Pretty Lady lost their house last summer - they live in the country, on her family's land. So when their house became uninhabitable, they moved into her sister's house on the property.

Many times we've offered for them to come and live with us. It would have been a tight fit, but doable. Ultimately, they decided that now isn't the time and would be detrimental to our kids - their son is in high school and doing ROTC in a different school district and they didn't want to take him away from the only friend's he's ever had (or his first girlfriend) and our son has been in 3 schools in the last 5 years, so we didn't want to uproot him again.

Still, some of my favorite times have been when Wendigo and I are cuddling on the sofa teasing each other, while he and Wolf talk about whatever topic they get onto. I would love to have that every night.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Meh. I hate that term, ORE, old relationship energy. I prefer ERI, established relationship intimacy.

I dont think you need to presume 3way sex between Penny and her 2 guys will end in the next year or two. Sounds to me like both her guys love spending those long Sundays together with her, whereas your husband PN and Mono are both more introverted. And you seem far too active to spend whole days in the sack with the same 2 people every Sunday!
I like that ERI or even ERE established relationship energy... much more preferred.

I had no presumption at all. I was telling my story. And actually I do spend most saturday or sunday mornings in bed with one or all my men... LB included. We did that this morning, watching documentaries and eating cereal.

I am a long time "bed person" as we call it in this house. Little do you all know but I write most of my stuff on here, IN BED. I stay so long in there that LB leaves (gets bored after he has had a tickle fight and some cuddles and chats) and I get the lovin' It's just not as much about two men together any more. Or right now anyway. We do most of our heavy talking in bed between sex and eating and sleeping and cuddling and goofing around. PN is not so much into staying in bed these days. He is a morning person and Mono and I more night people. It all ebs and flows and it all comes around at some point for us.

Penny, fill your boots. I totally get you.

Tags
cohabitation, equality, living together, marriage vs. polyamory, moving in, nre