Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2011, 02:58 PM

Default Hello! Im new, and confused.

Hello!
My name is Emily

Could i maybe ask for some advice?

Im not 100% sure if polyamory is right for me.
I am in a monogamous relationship, with someone who wants only that.
I love him so much, and would never want to leave him for my own selfish reasons. We have a 2 year old daughter, and he is one of the most wonderful people i know, except for the fact that he never opens up to me about any emotions he's feeling. Thats just how he's always been.

But im straying. And i dont mean sexually, i mean emotionally. Im starting to develop feelings for someone else, and I know it could develop into love if i let it. This other person is all for polyamory, and he is the one who introduced me to it a few weeks ago.

For some reason, i DONT feel bad about the possibility of loving him, because i still completely love my current boyfriend.

Thats where im confused. Is it is possible to love more than one person? I want to love more than one person. I cant imagine it being possible to love too much.

But what do i do if one of the people I want (my current boyfriend) doesn't want this lifestyle?
Does that mean i am not ready for polyamory? It would hurt me greatly to leave him.

Im only 21, im very young and confused about how i am feeling... I appreciate all feedback

And Im so sorry to go off on a rant, i dont usually talk about myself so much >_<

Tags
confused, young