Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2009, 06:16 PM
WaywardDruid's Avatar
WaywardDruid WaywardDruid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central California
Posts: 277
Unhappy Almost 100......

As my post count is getting close to that magic 100 I thought I post my disappointment in what the next forums description of me is going to be. " SENIOR MEMBER "



Although it's true that I'm 55 and a member of AARP and I often refer to myself as over the hill and on the downhill side of life, I really hate the term Senior.



Why can't the Admin of the site make it Patriarch Member or Longterm Member or something like that ??



Will it's just my thoughts on an old subject. Maybe I'll strike up a conversation with a hot old babe on facebook or OkCupid or something.



Just Me,
Tim
__________________
Round & round the circle goes.
We seek the ones who will share in love.
In our dreams the answers come.
Round & round the circle goes.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 PM
NIMchimpsky NIMchimpsky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardDruid View Post
As my post count is getting close to that magic 100 I thought I post my disappointment in what the next forums description of me is going to be. " SENIOR MEMBER "



Although it's true that I'm 55 and a member of AARP and I often refer to myself as over the hill and on the downhill side of life, I really hate the term Senior.



Why can't the Admin of the site make it Patriarch Member or Longterm Member or something like that ??



Will it's just my thoughts on an old subject. Maybe I'll strike up a conversation with a hot old babe on facebook or OkCupid or something.



Just Me,
Tim
Tim, how about "Sage" as a title?

Do you mind describing the photos? I can't see photos and I'm really interested in knowing what the photos you posted are of. Thanks so much.

nim

Last edited by NIMchimpsky; 09-18-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2009, 06:37 PM
WaywardDruid's Avatar
WaywardDruid WaywardDruid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central California
Posts: 277
Smile I Like Sage...

Sage would be great.

You don't see pictures? Are you using some weird browser that won't show images? Perhaps it's just not turned on. I know under the Tools tab and Internet Options & Advanced in Internet Explorer there's a box you have to check to have images loaded while surfing.

If you use Mozilla Firefox (which I use) under the Tools - Options - Content if you have the box checked to load images you should see the pictures I use in so many of my posts. (it's just because I'm lazy and have a weird sense of humor)

Just Me,
Tim
__________________
Round & round the circle goes.
We seek the ones who will share in love.
In our dreams the answers come.
Round & round the circle goes.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 PM
NIMchimpsky NIMchimpsky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardDruid View Post
Sage would be great.

You don't see pictures? Are you using some weird browser that won't show images? Perhaps it's just not turned on. I know under the Tools tab and Internet Options & Advanced in Internet Explorer there's a box you have to check to have images loaded while surfing.

If you use Mozilla Firefox (which I use) under the Tools - Options - Content if you have the box checked to load images you should see the pictures I use in so many of my posts. (it's just because I'm lazy and have a weird sense of humor)

Just Me,
Tim
I can't see images or videos because I'm deafblind. I appreciate the attempt to help me fix my browser, though.

Before you ask, deafblind people can use a computer by using a screen reader and a refreshable braille display.

nim

Last edited by NIMchimpsky; 09-18-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 PM
NeonKaos NeonKaos is offline
Custodian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: new england
Posts: 3,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMchimpsky View Post

Before you ask, deafblind people can use a computer by using a screen reader and a refreshable braille display.

nim
I remember that braille display from the movie "Sneakers"! The character "Whistler" was blind and he used one of those in the scene where they figure out what "Setec Astronomy" means and how to use the "black box".
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2009, 10:28 PM
WaywardDruid's Avatar
WaywardDruid WaywardDruid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central California
Posts: 277
Default The Image Of Being 100..... more or less

Hey ya Nim it's cool that the computer is available to you and we're glad you're here to enjoy the forums.

The Images in my post are :

1) an A-Frame sign that says Senior 2009
2) a cartoon of an old geezer in the bathroom looking at the toilet and the roll of Toilet Paper beside it and thinking " I've often thought life is like a roll of toilet tissue. The closer it gets to the end the faster it goes. "
3) a cartoon of a couple ( man & woman ) in their bathing suits, a speedo and a bikini. They aren't beautiful people so the image leaves one thinking ugh.
4) and last is a cartoon image of an older couple sitting on a park bench talking and she says "It's nice meeting you, we should keep in touch. I'm SkyChick967 on MySpace." the old man replies "I'm ViagraBoy420."

Hope that explains my strange sense of humor.

Just Me,
Tim
__________________
Round & round the circle goes.
We seek the ones who will share in love.
In our dreams the answers come.
Round & round the circle goes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.