Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 AM

Default Greetings from Champaign/Urbana ^_^

Hi everyone! ^_^

I'm amobrasil, my girlfriend and I live near the University of Illinois. We are in great shape, fun, attractive, laid-back, and into lots of huggles and affection ^_^

We discovered poly by accident last year, when we both fell in love with a female friend with whom we had so much fun hanging out. Unfortunately, it went nowhere, but we were intrigued by the concept and have been looking since. We've actually been quite fortunate, as we have dated numerous "unicorns" in their 20s. But for one reason or another, absolutely nothing came of these ventures except pain, drama, and unfortunate repercussions, which made us wonder if poly is really what it's cracked up to be (will post another thread about this).

I must admit, we are not optimistic at this point that we'd ever be able to find another person like us, a person who is looking for soulmates in a poly-fidelity triad rather than playthings or simple sexual liaisons (we are not at all interested in those).

We're trying our best to stay hopeful though! Perhaps someday we will get to experience a triad! ^_^v
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 AM

A lot of people in their 20's are quite looking to 'settle down' just yet...and may still be sorting their own shit out... so drama and casual liaisons aren't surprising.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:31 AM

Hmm, good point... I had not thought about that. The problems we experienced were with the girls' families... I will post a detailed thread in the general forum because I want to compare notes.

Thanks for the welcome! ^_^
Old 03-21-2011, 04:33 AM

oooohhh....sounds like it'll be a good dit. Will be looking forward to it.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?