Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 AM

Last night I was exhausted. T-Rex always lingers after our friends go home, and Thumper has the night off. Usually we do naughty things (yay!), but I was so out of it. Still, I didn't want to miss my cuddles, so we fired up the airbed in the living room and the three of us snuggled up and watched a couple episodes of Babylon 5.

I dozed happily. I love cuddles.

My poly story begins here. Now with new blogging action!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Babylon 5 is one of my favorites
Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 PM

Me and my guys are going to a costumed Steampunk event at a bar tomorrow night. Thumper's brother will be there, so at least one of his family will know about the boyfriend. I might consider avoiding the PDAs at the waterpark, but hell no am I going out drinking and dancing in a sexy Steampunk adventuress outfit (I got a corset, goggles, and a ray gun!) and pretending not to be involved with T-Rex.

We are going to have so much fun. I plan on making a bit too merry that night. At the waterpark in April I will be wearing the first bathing suit I'll be buying after losing 35 pounds this past year, so I'll be very strict and good about going to the gym and treating my body reasonably... starting Sunday. I consider tomorrow a last blow-out before really knuckling down.

My body builds muscle at a ridiculous rate. After a weekend of self-indulgence, I intend to spend the next three weeks busting my ass lifting weights for maximum hotness in a bikini.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 PM

Default Squee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
Me and my guys are going to a costumed Steampunk event at a bar tomorrow night. Thumper's brother will be there, so at least one of his family will know about the boyfriend. I might consider avoiding the PDAs at the waterpark, but hell no am I going out drinking and dancing in a sexy Steampunk adventuress outfit (I got a corset, goggles, and a ray gun!) and pretending not to be involved with T-Rex.
Good for you Penny! That sounds super hot (HAWT)! I have loved reading your blog. Just found it today and it is so nice to read a happy poly story!

It is also amazing to read that hubby and I are not the only nerds around the forums! We play tabletop RPG’s (hubby is an amazing and very creative DM), and love steampunk and anime. Do you like to dress up for ren faire's also? I have a sexy frilly short skirt and leather corset I have been waiting to wear till I loose some weight. Sounds like you have already accomplished that and are looking fabulous! Feel free to nerd/girl out with me anytime by sending me a PM.

Hope you have fun tonight and I am sure you will make your guys drool in that awesome outfit!
[/B]
Old 03-19-2011, 04:25 AM

I love playing dress-up. Unfortunately, I want to enjoy the freedom of anonymity here so I can speak without filtering, so I don't want to post pictures... except I love my costuming stuff and most of my Facebook pictures are me wearing something ridiculous.

I own several corsets and bodices and wear a five tier hoop skirt to events that warrant that, particularly the local Ren Festival. I have two leather steampunk waistcoats and a wide variety of interesting skirts, including a ruffled black Lolita Goth skirt which is pretty short. I wear it with layered black petticoats underneath for maximum puff.

I have to wear Can-Can shorts (pettipants) under that as it is quite short. I match that up with industrial fishnets with garters, black combat boots with flame detailing, a black leather underbust corset with a black tank top (athletic style) revealing stunning cleavage (I know it is stunning, I've taken an informal poll), plus full length black satin gloves and a lace choker with a cameo.

That's one of my regular costumes for a LARP character.

I love playing dress up. I will probably describe more costumes here over time as I love talking about this stuff. I am proud of my little collection of costumey things.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 AM

You wouldn't happen to be bi, would you?
Old 03-19-2011, 05:07 AM

He, He I've always love making costumes also, but never had a good enough excuse to spend the money or a place to wear them. I just recently decided to change that.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:07 PM

Ladyintricate, this isn't directed at you so much as you got me thinking on this topic...

So there's this demotivational poster with a picture of a booth-babe/cosplayer/hot chick. The poster is labeled "HOPE" and under that it says "Because she just might want to hear about your 12th level paladin."

The vast majority of people don't want to hear about Helena von Helen, paladin of St. Cuthbert (3.5 D&D, played from level 1 to 30, no prestige classes, only one feat outside the PHB in a campaign with all Completes (CoAd, CoAr, CoD, CoW) open, facing MMI-IV in the hands of a particularly vicious (in a good way) DM... Helena's build was so elegant, she was a weapon of mass destruction with her MW darkwood lance (non-magical) that the Cleric would cast the spells Spike and Bramble on... I enjoyed the look of horror and admiration on the DM's face whenever I made something explode because I was a living missile on griffon-back...).

My griffon's name was Linda. Her first paladin warhorse was named Linda and, as she upgraded mounts, she just kept naming them Linda.

I'm sure many of you recognize that sort of language. Gamer Syndrome. If you understood all that (okay, you might have to look up the spells), then you either are or are very close to a hardcore tabletop gamer. LARPs count too, I do both. I have a character in OWbN.

I got married at GenCon. In costume, as was the entire wedding party.

I am such a gamer geek. I have been running games for 30 years, since I was 12. Mostly a GM, I've been getting more into being a player in the last decade.

I will try not to talk like this in the future, but I thought a demonstration of just how big a gamer geek I am was in order as it is a huge part of my life. My gaming group is like an extended family.

It's like we gamers have a secret language, and sometimes we get so swept up in it... there's something close and intimate about gamer talk... it's almost like chimpanzee grooming behavior. It's soothing and we bond over it.

But I'm going to try not to do it here.

I am such a hardcore gamer that it is difficult for me to understand how it is possible to not "get" gaming. I am pretty sure that your brains are wired differently than mine.

It's okay, I like you anyhow. In recent years I have resolved to become better at communicating with non-gamers, as many of you are cool and interesting people. I recognize that in order to avoid making your eyes glaze over and your attention wander off, I have to try to not to geek out too hard in front of you.

Ladyintricate and I should probably have a conversation via PM as I bet we have much in common.

@Sneacail, you should go for it with costuming. It's so much fun and there's just something so joyfully life-affirming about adorning yourself lavishly and elaborately and taking part in public spectacle.

@TruckerPete, I don't know, but girls sure are pretty!

Last edited by Penny; 03-19-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
I got married at GenCon. In costume, as was the entire wedding party.

It's like we gamers have a secret language, and sometimes we get so swept up in it... there's something close and intimate about gamer talk... it's almost like chimpanzee grooming behavior. It's soothing and we bond over it.
You're cool points just went up on the last post....

Although I'm not sure I want to think about 'intimacy' and 'chimpanzee' in the same sentence...!

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Eek, I'd be afraid to just call this blog, Penny's In Heaven, because of karma. Say you're in heaven and bam! the universe brings you some hell. (Kinda like the poster here, Happiest Man Alive, who almost always seems so unhappy! Or naming your girlchild Candy or Cookie and she grows up to be a stone butch dyke. )

Anyway! I am jealous of you cooking and sexing with 2 hot "good guys." Wish I could find even one... sigh. Someday.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37