Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight View Post

Q: Is it ever too soon? To say I love you?
A: Better too soon than too late. (just my opinion)
This is exactly my thought process when I wonder if it's too soon.

I did end up telling him. When I thought I was going to lose the chance to ever do it. Hubby had hit his lowest point thus far, and I couldn't do it to him anymore (we've since reestablished our boundaries and are starting back at the very very basics). I went in and talked to J and told him what was going on. He went to leave and he hugged me and told me everything was going to be okay, and I told him I know, and that not to freak him out, but I love him. In some way. I wear my heart on my sleeve. That's me, and I'm not ashamed of it.

I still don't know in which way.. there are so many ins and outs to him. I don't know if I love him in a familial way, if I love him in a romantic way. I love who he is at the core, and who he is to hubby. I still don't know if he will ever be right for me in that respect... but I love him regardless. I'm glad I told him. I felt an overwhelming sense of relief. Everything is still a big question, but my feelings have not changed.. he is one of those people who have made an impression on me and will always have a place in my heart.

I intend to invite him to read our threads and this forum, probably tonight. Don't know if he will, but I hope so!

Tags
love, self-expression