Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM

Good rant BlackUnicorn, I wouldn't have ranted better

My other love, C, had to leave his girlfriend a few months ago, because she wanted him to be mono, there was no other possibility for them, and it still hurts. (That was before I started to see him). Like me, he discovered he is poly, he's been all his life, and now, two marriages and much pain later, he is determined to be himself. Our stories are so similar. At least we have each other, I wish we were not so far apart. And I wish our relationship didn't hurt other people. Wouldn't it be funny if we both discovered our polyness just to end up together and without other relationships! All will come in time, I suppose. I'm really looking forward to seeing him happy and getting more love in his life.

Now my partner doesn't even want to hear about C, even if it's a long-distance relationship. All he says is he doesn't want to share me, and that he will fall apart every time I see C.

I don't have to make any choice. I am who I am, and it's about time I don't hide from myself anymore. I can love, I can commit, I can share my life, but only with someone who accepts me as I am. I can't do any other thing. I can't force other people into it, I can't force myself either. But I'm still in love with my two men. They are so different, they are so wonderful.

I see some of you, being mono, started to understand polyamory even if you had never heard about it before. But I don't know if there are cases of people who were initially so reluctant and ended up accepting it. And I don't mean "resigned to it", that's not what I want, but genuinely accepting. I don't think it's easy, maybe it's not even possible

Last edited by Idlovetwo; 03-02-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Tags
boundaries, introduction to poly, mono poly, mono/poly