Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 12:55 AM

Default Hey.... So glad I found this forum.

Hey all,

I'm a 24 year old bisexual female that has been consided polyarmory off and on for the past few months. I am married and will be married for four years in June. I also thought I was mono. Especially when I was younger becasue I would always get mad/jealous when my ex-boyfriend cheated on me. I guess it's not really the same because he was betraying me but that's a different story for a different forum. LOL. Anyway, I thought I was always mono until I fell in love with a woman at work. We used to hang out alot together together and I would always get the butterflies around her. Sadly, I don't get to see her as much as I want to. She recently became engaged to her girlfriend. But, that experience opened my eyes to the fact that I could love someone else other than my husband and also that I was bisexual.
I've spent the past few weeks talkiing to my husband about the issue of me having a girlfriend. I've never really got to experience that side of me before and I want to experience it. I guess the problem I'm having is that he seems alright with the idea but how do I really know that he is? He seem's too sure I guess and for some reason this worries me. But enough of that, this is supposed to be an introduction and I'm already rambling. I'm just so glad to be here !!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Is he generally the kind of person to say something he doesn't mean?
Or
Is he the kind of person who generally can be counted on that what he says is what he means?

I wonder, because my husband is forever "wondering" if I REALLY mean something I say, even though I'm NOTORIOUS for saying precisely what I mean, even if it's bitchy. It's driven by his insecurity and his own habit of saying what he thinks other people want to hear, not my actions.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:24 PM

Thumbs up "bloody well go for it you 2"

Quote:
He seem's too sure I guess and for some reason this worries me. But enough of that, this is supposed to be an introduction and I'm already rambling. I'm just so glad to be here !!!!
This remind me of a gf I once had. She wanted to experience that side of herself and coincidently so did I. One night we both had a terrible dream - the same dream that we were witnessing the other being with someone. Not to put you off but it was pretty tense and not very nice. Since then she got put off by the idea even though in our dreams it was more like cheating than say her meeting a girl. . I guess what I'm saying is if your guy is ok with it try to like the fact - I really feel that there was unessential negativity coming from her wanting to be open but not finding it in herself to take the risk despite us discussing a lot of practical things & how we'd still respect our relationship. Really what I'm saying is bloody well go for it you 2.

Last edited by ImaginaryIllusion; 02-27-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Tags