Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned

Smile New to polyamory, I find it suits me

I am a guy, I have been recently introduced to polyamory from a girl I have been seeing for a little while so far. I have been learning about it and it is like a breath of fresh air. I just knew it was right for me, not because of the sex but because it suits who I am. I guess I have always been poly but never knew it. Also I do also believe that monogomy just isn't in our nature, however I do know many people that find it just wonderful and if they are happy that is cool by me. My parents have been married for many years and very happy. However I do find that there is something wrong with monogomy if the divorce rate is higher than the marriage rate, but that is just my opinion.

I am an avid metalhead and music lover. I love almost any kind of music, yet my top 2 favorite music genres are heavy metal and classical music. I play the guitar and love to work out, I prefer to listen to death metal like Cannibal Corpse when I work out.

The girl I am seeing is very awesome, she has been into polyamory for 2 years now. We both feel that love is something that should be shared rather than tethered to just a single person. We talk a lot too. We currently are not looking for any other partners as of yet because we are focusing on our relationship right now, but when the time comes it will come, when that other special person or persons falls into her's and/or my lap.

Her and I would say we are polyamorous by nature, as it is just a part of us. I would hope that she does one day find another partner that also makes her happy, and she feels the same way with me.

I am happy to call myself polyamourous, I know there is a lot of judgement against it, but there is also a lot of judgement against heavy metal too, so it really isn't something new to me. I really don't give a damn if people don't like me for who I am.

Last edited by EnterTheVoid; 02-18-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM

Awesome. I too am a metal fan - in fact my taste is quite ecclectic which is why I'm pretty much and Opeth fan when it comes to metal thinking. On the other hand I'm also into everything from Lamb of God to classical music (Alan Hovhanes & Holtz). I'm even interested in the classical rock and prog of the 70's even (even) Jamaican music I'm actually into a lot of music that relates to folk in some way like blue- reggae-new folk old folk anything to do with the day to day and working problems. Ok so why am I gushing on your post? Well I'm not in any relationship at the minute and I think that sharing experiences from one dude to another would help me out especially since you already seem to have something working out - FYI I'm not into raining on your parade either - it'd be cool just to write to someone who might be thinking the same,even just music (slightly long mssg owing to the enthusiastic times i'm in)