Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Banned

^I don't quite understand what you mean there.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Custodian

You said it was just as natural to meet people either way and she said she doesn't really go out of her way to meet people in real-life either (or something like that, it's right there a couple messages ago).

(Edit) Quoting from XYZ123:

I'm not into the going out and looking for a relationship thing at all. I'd much rather just meet people naturally and see what develops.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ123 View Post
I keep going to the site and thinking about it. Hubby is egging me on. But I'm just not into the internet thing. I'm not into the going out and looking for a relationship thing at all. I'd much rather just meet people naturally and see what develops.
To me, that does not imply not going out of the way to meet people in real life. It implies meeting people circumstantially without any prescribed intentions. It also implied to me that both the internet and prescribing intentions (i.e. "looking" for a relationship) could at odds with meeting people naturally.

I was just saying that for me, meeting people online just as natural as any other way and I don't consider meeting people through a social networking site to be at odds with that and also agreeing with not having prescribed intentions on the net or off the net.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Custodian

I was just making an observation; I wasn't trying to start a debate.

XYZ can certainly clarify it if I made a mistake interpreting what she said.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned

I wasn't debating, just clarifying what I posted. I was relating to what XYZ posted, not debating.

Last edited by Ceoli; 09-13-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:54 PM

I meant meeting people for dating purposes through the internet. I'm not into the internet dating thing. Just as I'm not into going out meeting people for the purpose of dating. I do talk to people through the net as well as in person if they happen to cross my path and we get along. But never with the intent of looking for someone to date. Like internet dating sights or going cruising at bars. I'm more into making friends and maybe something comes from that. I feel like looking specifically for partners blinds me to anyone who doesn't fit exactly what I want. And I don't join dating sights because people are usually there for dating and I don't really want to be initially approached with that intent.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Banned

XYZ, agreed

Which is why I particularly like OKC because I view it more as a networking site than a dating site. I've made quite a few friends that way and sometimes those friendships have developed into something more, but that's now what I set out to do when I meet people either online or otherwise.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:32 PM

I'm nikkiana on there.

I don't tend to use it as dating site so much as a "find new people who are interested in the same things I am" type of site... I've had all sorts of relationships come from being on there, from a romantic relationships, friendships, even some work related contacts have been made there. For me, meeting people online first is just as easy as in real life...
Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Custodian

Hey Nikkiana, long time no see.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
Hey Nikkiana, long time no see.
Yeah, I've been in the process of moving to NYC so been absent from pretty much all online venues EXCEPT for OKC.

Tags
dating, dating sites, ok cupid, okc