Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 07:43 PM

BTW- 2Rings and hubs have both gotten errant text messages from me and my stupid touch screen features, and once my daughter! Lucy...you have some splainin to do! Um, ah, yeah well that wasn't for you. Nuff said.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:27 PM

Joy, absolute joy... a sunny day, buds coming out on the plum and cherry tree, Mono making a cat flap for his girlfriend, Georgia the cat. LB "helping," me and PN computing, talking, listening to new music. Plan to go for a walk and to my studio to start a new series on "paths." It's been two years since I painted... tonight I am in my own bed, warm cozy and in love with myself. oooooo, good stuff.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:36 AM

Default Compersion from Redpepper

I just had a coffee with my ex-wife for the first time in almost a year. The last time we talked was when I introduced her to Redpepper. The purpose of our visit was for me to get graduation pictures of my daughter. I bought her a coffee and we talked for an hour. It was a moment of happiness and sadness.

I am grateful to have a Life Love in Redpepper. She was happy for me to visit with my ex where many women would not be happy at all. She has been a rock in helping me try to heal a big part of myself. I love her for many reasons and the purity of support she provides is a major part of that. Very few people understand just how much Redpepper cares about people..it transcends anything I have seen before

Thanks Lilo...I love you

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-24-2011, 01:37 AM

That's wonderful Mon, I'm glad you were able to have that time to talk with your ex and to also get pics of your daughter! You're right, RP is amazing, so are you.

I found myself again. I know, weird, how many times can you find yourself? Makes a person wonder what's wrong that you keep losing yourself.

But, it is what it is. I found myself and my peace.

"stuff" is still going along with the same idiosyncratic issues as before, but now I'm ok with that. Nothing has been "fixed", just my perspective has changed. My perspective was stuck in "half empty glass" mode. After a great conversation with a friend about their life a week ago, I pushed a little harder and regained my "half full glass" perspective.

Thank you to a wonderful friend who hadn't a clue that in venting to me, they were actually helping me regain my own footing!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:30 PM

Looking forward to a non-date with my boys tomorrow.... a mutual friend from our medieval reenactment boffer LARP is in town tomorrow so we (and about 15 of our friends) are meeting him at Dinosaur BBQ and drinks. It's a much needed night out with friends we don't see often enough in the winter.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 PM

Default Why poly families rock

Friday at 4pm Spicy Pea went into labor.
at 2am she sent GG to wake up mom and dad to help her.
At 3am we drove her to town to see the midwife.

*Mimi came with us, but GG stayed with the other kids at home.*

But, she was only dilated to 3 even though her contractions were hard and heavy and 3-4 minutes apart.

Saturday:
So, at 6am (already done 14 hours of labor) they gave her an Ambien (sleeping pill) and sent us to her grandparents (they live in town). She didn't get any rest and at 2 we ended up at the hospital.

GG had to work at 9am til noon, so my mom stayed with the kids. She baked Sweetpeas bday cake, helped the kids knock out their chores and kept them all busy and entertained.

*2pm was ALSO SweetPea's birthday party. So GG managed to run a bday party for the 11 year old with all his friends, alone.*

Spicy Pea suffered through labor and delivery for hours. In the early evening Maca's lady friend who works at the hospital bought Maca, Mimi and I food (we were starving). (We snuck contraband food back to Spicy Pea as well).

SUNDAY:
At 1:30am they finally gave up, wheeled Spicy back to do a C-section. She'd been flat screaming with no pause for well over 4 hours, primarily "mommy, please just make it stop I can't do it, I tried." Between cuss words.

Maca went with her, this mommy took her phone and went to the front lobby of the hospital, hit her knees, burst into tears and called GG. Who had already gotten kids to bed and settled in to bed himself. But he woke up to take care of this mommy by phone and get me calmed down.

After half hour or so I was calmed down, got it all out of my system and knowing that GG still had the home fort under control, I returned to Maca to deal. It was a daunting task, my girl could still be heard screaming because they couldn't get her numb. At 2:05am they finally just knocked her out and delivered the baby with her unconscious.

So-everyone is ok, the little kids had a nice weekend in spite of us old people having a daunting task with Spicy.

Why?

Because our poly family dynamic allowed them to keep their plans and stay in a "normal" setting and activities for the weekend even with mom and dad gone.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Sorry it was such an ordeal but congrats on the new family arrival!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:04 AM

Thanks. The ordeal I could have lived without. The poly-family that made it all survivable, no way!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
LMAO, that is AWESOME!
RP-you are welcome to text me ILY anytime! I'll be sure to respond in like manner!!!

heheheheheheheheheheh..
Ditto from me too. Ohh and Hell... Mono you can text me that to ( in a manly brother sort of way of course)

HAHAH

Maca
Old 03-02-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I bought her a coffee and we talked for an hour. It was a moment of happiness and sadness.
One of the most ....releasing part's of my life was when my EX-wife and I could talk and really have a productive and non ( negatively ) charged conversation. It so much easier now to not have to be on guard or to have to defend myself or my family.

Maca

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee