Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
LMAO-
no swimsuits wouldn't be warm enough-I don't go in the water here.
A neoprene wetsuit is probaby what it would take to get me swimming outside here.

I'd much prefer nude-but they don't allow it at the public pool (which is in the highschool).

I checked out the link to the place you talked about earlier in the thread. Looked really cool.

Another good reason to go to Vermont is that there are no state laws forbidding nudity. A few towns have anti-nudity ordinances, but those are mainly aimed at "lewd and lascivious behaviour", in other words, people (usually men but not always) "cruising" for sex. The Naked in Vermont Yahoo Group is basically a bunch of guys looking for hook-ups with other guys, especially the owner, even though they pretend to get mad at COUPLES when COUPLES come on the group saying "Hey where can we go so that my wife can blow me and someone might "accidentally" catch us". They yell at those people but when some guy "accidentally" posts about the size and circumcisionary status of their penis, it's all "Tee-hee! We can't ignore that the sexual aspect of nudity is a fundamental part of humanity! Tee-hee!" and the post doesn't get removed until EVERYONE has seen it, because we all must know what so-and-so's penis is like.

I left that group but I check it every now and then for lulz.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDreadful View Post
I don't really do naked except when having sex or showering... partly because I have a few unresolved issues with body image, but mostly because I like wearing nice, clean clothes. Really, I do. And I love snuggling up in loads of warm layers when it's cold.
I like nice, clean clothes as well. The thing with naked is that there are MORE clean clothes to choose from when you go out if you don't wear them at home .
Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
I like nice, clean clothes as well. The thing with naked is that there are MORE clean clothes to choose from when you go out if you don't wear them at home .
Don't get me wrong, even though I'm wearing nothing but a sports-bra and slippers right now, I will put on a ton of clothes if I'm cold. Usually it gets cold at night at Abbott's no matter how hot it was that day (not the case last summer although we only went there for the 4th of july weekend) and it is not uncommon for everyone sitting around the campfire to have at least half of their bodies covered.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:37 PM

I generally enjoy having clothes on. Nothing to do with being self conscious or anything. I enjoy my body. But I feel comfortable in clothes. I wouldn't mind going to a clothing optional place some time though. I'll certainly add it to my list. I doubt there are many places, if any, in England though. Especially when 11 months of the year are too cold to even wear as little as a single t-shirt. =P Haha. Maybe I exaggerate a little. ;D But a good reason to get out of the country some time. =]
=]
Old 02-07-2011, 02:52 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardDruid View Post
I am naked even as I type this...but don't tell anyone....shhhhh

Just Me,
Tim
SHHHH! So are we. We have been nudist way long than we have been Poly but we enjoy both just as much and we always carry our towel.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Nudity is definitetly related to weather. Since moving to Brisbane Australia we have literally become semi-nudists, only properly clothing ourselves to go out. It's just too hot for clothes at home. Nudity can be a distraction however so a sarong is usually the ensemble dujour. Unfortunately mine are mostly see-through so I have to remember that in apartment living you can't just duck down to the garage without getting properly dressed.

Sorry if this seems insensitive given the cold that most of you are living through, but too hot can be just as bad as too cold. Not that I've ever been too terribly cold.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Since moving to Brisbane Australia .
Woohoo! Been there...didn't see any naked people though

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Nudity is definitetly related to weather.
Yes we agree 100%. During the winter we wear our clothes just like everyone else but int he summer we like to enjoy the sun as much as we can and where we live there is a lot of summer heat. We do make sure to wear hats. NO need for a burned head.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 AM

I enjoy semi-nudity. Not because I really have an issue with my body that prevents me from enjoying total nudity but I do have several intimate piercings that tend to snag when left uncovered lol. And I am perpetually cold natured. I enjoy wrapping up in soft, warm clothes-- or blankets or shawls or warm bodies! I am very free with changing in front of others or showers/bathing with friends. But during everyday tasks I do enjoy a bit of coverage!