Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Default New to the board, need input

So I am (we are) new to polyamory, and I'd appreciate a little input on some issues I've been having, and to see if I'm all alone in this. First a little background, my GF and I have been together for 7 years, and are very happy. We decided to give poly a shot about 8 months ago. Mostly it was her idea, but I read up on it, and, at least on an intellectual level, it all makes sense to me. She met her boyfriend about 5 months ago, and that was OK, but now I'm having some issues. The first thing is they are knee deep in NRE, and I envy that. I do not fear loss, I know we are solid, but this makes me feel less.....everything. Less loved,desired,cared for, etc. I know it's not true, but I can't seem to get past it. I fear this may be pathological. I have always SUCKED at letting people I am involved with go their own way. I really hope I can find some advise on a way to work this out, as I will not make her end her relationship, even though she has said she would if I needed that. That would be a horrible thing to do.

So thats it for the most part, has anyone else dealt with these feelings? I could sure use some help.