Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 02:14 AM

Great idea... I might even have to start doing that...
Old 02-09-2011, 06:07 AM

In our marriage, the phrase "You're completely insane" is a term of endearment. So not only do my husband and I accept one another's quirks, but we truly love them. I would never want a "normal" husband, how boring THAT would be! Frankly, if either of us was "normal," I don't think we could stand each other...

We are weird, odd, and bizarre. And we embrace it!

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 PM

I say that to the kids all of the time.
They say it back. It's a big joke for us to say, "I got crazy from you" then someone will say, "NO! I got crazy from YOU!"

Old 02-16-2011, 01:42 PM

I'm in Florida...

It's been so healing, externally and internally.

I've been taking time each day to think about my needs. I've about gotten together another small list to add to my original. I noted that it's hard for me to identify what MY needs are outside of food, air, water.... bad sign.
So, I started working on creating that list.

During this trip, I've been working on using the time alone to consider it more in depth.

I'm also working on figuring out what steps are necessary to start meeting those needs in a manner that is still loving and supportive of my family. Because of course I DO love all of them and do want to continue being supportive of their needs.
I just don't want to do it at my expense anymore..

In no particular order, some things on my mind:

1. I think I'm going to take French.

2. I'm going to schedule one night a week that I sleep alone, totally alone, with no "wake up call" in the morning.

3. I'm going to go see the college counselor and talk to them about how to go about getting back into school and on track for getting my degree. (I already arranged a babysitter for that appointment).
Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 PM

I noticed a big change in myself when I made the decission to start doing certain things on my list that I wanted to do. Even if it was just a super small steps toward those goals, like buying tickets (for myself alone) to an event that isn't until April, made a big difference.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 AM

It really is a big deal to prioritize care of ourselves. I became a mom at 16. I was so concerned about proving that I could be a GOOD mom, I neglected me... it became a habit. A habit it's long past time to break.

I bought some books today. Relationship books. I will likely read them all by mid March.

It was so nice, walking around the book store-no rush. As I was kneeling in the aisle, looking at the bottom shelf something struck me (mentally).

I sat there and thought about it and realized that something I need is time away to go to the bookstore-without pressure to be somewhre else AND freedom to get a book or two. I'm going to add that to my list. It's a downtime that really helps me rejuvenate.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:07 PM

I did a lot of reading in Florida (while sitting in the storm). Got home to a snowstorm. Beautiful white everywhere, but too damn cold to bother going anywhere.
I also got a nasty cough/congestion. I'm tired, moody, medicated and anti-social. Not a very friendly way to start. I'm halfway through my second box of tissues. My head is pounding it's so blocked up.
So-I am just taking care of me physically-but not really working on anything that is mentally or emotionally taxes right now.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 AM

I've finished 3 of the 4 books that I bought in Florida.

My cold is starting to taper off. That's helpful.

I started working out again Monday. It's felt good these last 3 days to get a workout in, however small it may be.

Yesterday I went by the college and made an appointment with the counselor there for next week to discuss what I need to do to re-start college classes.

Today I started learning the French alphabet.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 PM

I'm not in the space to describe it-
but Spicy Pea had her baby.

GG stayed home and had Sweet Pea's bday party and took care of the kids for the two days we were gone with that. Then watched them yesterday while we slept.

Maca came home and told GG thank you, got all choked up.

I love my family.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM

Really pleased everything is OK and congrats grandama :-).

Tags
commitment, family oriented, love, lovingradiance, progress, v formation, vee dynamics