Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 PM

Default Evenin'

Hello, attempting to introduce myself..
I'm 20, currently single, living in the UK, nearly always female and tell people i'm bi sexual. It's a long running joke with family and friends i should have been a boy :P to be honest i've got to the point where i'm equally comfortable dressed up pretty or with people mistaking me as a dude...XD, i prefer not to define my sexuality, i neither notice nor care about gender although i find girls generally more attractive i suspect this has less to do with sexuality and more to do with my unease around those i perceive as stronger or more..dominant than me.

Polyamory wasn't even something i was aware of until a few months ago, but in each relationship (with both men and women) i've had its always felt like something was missing and i couldn't stop myself yearning for the opposite of whatever i had...

on a more generic level my interests are reasonably varied...
I enjoy reading, writing and drawing. i've recently taken up photography. I enjoy learning about new cultures and started learning Japanese last year. I'm a lil bit of a nerd :P i love sci-fi, fantasy and actually sort of enjoy those crappy documentaries my dad made me watch on the discovery channel :P

so ... here i am
Old 02-09-2011, 01:17 AM

Welcome aboard.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 AM

Hola Senorita, coma esta ustede? I am a Canadian who is trying to learn Spanish and also enjoy those boring documentaries. I, for one, do not care what gender you are I just think it is cool we have more people who identify Poly. Welcome to the forum. I hope you end up enjoying it as much as I do.
IThink
Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Hello, and welcome!
Old 02-11-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricandrunk View Post
Hello, attempting to introduce myself..
I'm 20, currently single, living in the UK, nearly always female and tell people i'm bi sexual. It's a long running joke with family and friends i should have been a boy :P to be honest i've got to the point where i'm equally comfortable dressed up pretty or with people mistaking me as a dude.
Welcome hurrican. why did you leave off the e in hurricane and what's with the drunk bit?

I also consider myself to be genderfluid. I used to get hit on by gay men sometimes when I dressed butch, back in my younger days. These days I am usually either kinda femme or soft butch, depending on my mood.

As far as preferences go, I am attracted to femmes or soft butches, no matter what they've got between their legs. I'm pansexual and my gf is a transwoman. But I date men, love men, despite their infuriatiingly bad communication styles. Damn that testosterone!

I also swing between being domme or sub.

Quote:

on a more generic level my interests are reasonably varied...
I enjoy reading, writing and drawing. i've recently taken up photography. I enjoy learning about new cultures and started learning Japanese last year.
We have much in common there. Welcome to the board. Poly is a big thing for young people to take on... it takes a lot of self-knowledge and sensitivity to others' needs. (I'm 55 and still working on all that.)
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Welcome hurrican. why did you leave off the e in hurricane and what's with the drunk bit?
dang i was hoping no one notice Xd its not my usual username it was dark and i was using my netbook...=typo..><
actually it's just the name of a song i like

Quote:
I also consider myself to be genderfluid. I used to get hit on by gay men sometimes when I dressed butch, back in my younger days. These days I am usually either kinda femme or soft butch, depending on my mood.

As far as preferences go, I am attracted to femmes or soft butches, no matter what they've got between their legs. I'm pansexual and my gf is a transwoman. But I date men, love men, despite their infuriatiingly bad communication styles. Damn that testosterone!

I also swing between being domme or sub.

We have much in common there. Welcome to the board. Poly is a big thing for young people to take on... it takes a lot of self-knowledge and sensitivity to others' needs. (I'm 55 and still working on all that.)
i...have had a hard time defining myself...everytime i think i find a label that fits i find some aspect of it that isnt me. i used to think i was gay, then bi sexual, then straight again.then i was transgender, then i felt more like i want to be no gender. so eventually i gave up :P
I'm happy to accept me whatever, if my friends and family need to label it to understand then thats fine XD

i don't think it's domme/sub thing for me. i was always picked on when i was kid, usually by guys a lot bigger than me and i could never fight back. i prefer relationships where im in control and i find it hard to give that over. with men though it's sort of assumed they'll take on that role and it makes things tricky :P

thanks for the welcome )