Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
We also call facial tissue Kleenex, soft drinks are Coke, recliners are Lazy Boys, etc. I am fully aware that there are 20 brands of facial tissues, but I will still call it Kleenex out of habit.

Not sure how you explain it, but most of us in the US would understand that that England is to California as UK is to the USA.

I won't blame the public school system, because it is taught, people choose to remember what is important to them at the time and similarly ignorant statements come from people all over the world, even those who supposedly have superior education systems.
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of mass branding over there. It seems like you're exposed to it all the time. Not so much here.

What would be closer - Yorkshire is to California as England is to the USA. The UK has no true equivalent in America. Though I woulda argue that Hawaii and Alaska were stolen by the US as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland were stolen by us in England. =P Well, we actually stole the whole of Ireland and then they revolted. We just managed to keep a small chunk of it. =P
=]