Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 04:49 PM

Default Morning coffee, yes please and thank you.

Bricklie,

Of course, there is nothing new under the Sun, or the Moon. It has all been thought before, felt before, made before, sung before, and written before now.

But not by you, not before now.

And that, my dear fellow creature, is the beauty of this life. That we are destined to feel fresh in such old worn out ways is Magic.

Yes, I have that coffee feeling, too.

And also, you only get more visceral, not less.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 PM

I remember the 23 year old me thinking that all I had going for me was my female body. I hadn't found who I was yet. I'm way more interesting than just a body...and even my body is better now at 34 than it was at 23. I was cute at 23 now the word I would use (when I put the effort in and pull myself together) is stunning. If your bf was just with you because you were a pretty face he wouldn't be sticking around. He sees more in you that maybe you haven't seen in yourself yet.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 PM

Default My wife is hotter now than she was at 21

I met my wife when she was only 21, and totally gorgeous. Now she is 42, she has borne 6 children but she turns me on more than ever. She is very confident in her body, and I know the things she likes me to do to make her feel irresistable. But Derby is right she said it better about seeing you for something else.

Last edited by vodkafan; 01-29-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
As nice as your wonderful, hard little 23 yr old body may be
This is sounding good oh yeah baby....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
, it's NOT what is going to form a deep, binding relationship with anyone.
Aww!

----- Back to OP

Besides what "old" women tell you about confidence going up and all that (which is true I believe in some instances), you only have a young body once. Use it while you got it to find someone great. A 43 year old body is less attractive than the same thing at 23, all other things being equal. But physical looks isn't the only thing males find attractive, as others have said. If you're boring, insecure, demanding, unfunny, then you have things you can work on.

Fear is also an exciting aspect of new love, the fear of will it last, does he feel the same as me. Embrace it while you have it, you never know how many times you'll experience it.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 AM

When you truely love someone.... its kinda like my great grand mother said.(rest her soul)

She said..... you know you love someone when your old and grey... you look at them and see the same person you fell in love with all those years ago.No matter the wrinkles.. grey hair or no hair what ever... you can look at the person and still see the young man or woman you fell for all those years ago.

My brother said something to this effect on it all.....
He said.... you know the one your with loves you..... if they can still love you after youve puked all over the bathroom lol.

Looks fade... virility fades.. and time changes us all... a few pounds here and there.. wrinkles where there were none...ect..... What true lovers see in eachother is the soul.... thats the bond... not the body... because after all our bodies are only temporary.. Love.. and souls... are eternal.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylah View Post
When you truely love someone.... its kinda like my great grand mother said.(rest her soul)

She said..... you know you love someone when your old and grey... you look at them and see the same person you fell in love with all those years ago.No matter the wrinkles.. grey hair or no hair what ever... you can look at the person and still see the young man or woman you fell for all those years ago.

My brother said something to this effect on it all.....
He said.... you know the one your with loves you..... if they can still love you after youve puked all over the bathroom lol.

Looks fade... virility fades.. and time changes us all... a few pounds here and there.. wrinkles where there were none...ect..... What true lovers see in eachother is the soul.... thats the bond... not the body... because after all our bodies are only temporary.. Love.. and souls... are eternal.
and good lord i forgot what 23 was like lol. must have been uneventful lol.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciselove View Post
A 43 year old body is less attractive than the same thing at 23, all other things being equal.
Wow, that's quite a blanket statement. And just your opinion. It is totally possible that a body can be more attractive at an older age than it was at 23. First of all, everyone has different ideas of what is attractive. Secondly, every life experience is unique, and affects one's body in different ways, so such blanket statements are simply not realistic.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Wow, that's quite a blanket statement. And just your opinion. It is totally possible that a body can be more attractive at an older age than it was at 23.
Not by any conventional measure. If you would care to supply one I would appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
First of all, everyone has different ideas of what is attractive. Secondly, every life experience is unique, and affects one's body in different ways, so such blanket statements are simply not realistic.
Yes everyone has different ideas of what is attractive. Some people find obese people attractive, others find very hairy women attractive, but they are minorities. I'm sure some people find wrinkles, saggy skin, and lip hair more attractive than those without, but I'm assuming they are also minorities. There is no need to say to someone who generalizes "that doesn't cover all cases", it's already known.

If you stack the same woman at 23 vs her at 43, and have everything else equal most men would choose the younger version. For a start the younger version is in reproduction years and men are wired to like that. If you want to live in a false reality where that isn't true then you can, but if you want to debate in the real world you have to make some compromises with your views.

That being said, a woman at 43 may not look extremely different from her 23yo self. I think with love the longer you have it with someone the more looks don't care to you, because they are as beautiful as they will ever be in your mind.

Last edited by preciselove; 01-31-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Besides what "old" women tell you about confidence going up and all that (which is true I believe in some instances), you only have a young body once. Use it while you got it to find someone great.
you only have a young hot body once. Attract men with it so that they can leave you for a younger body when you become 43 as they are shallow and never valued your whole being to begin with (sarcasm )

Quote:
A 43 year old body is less attractive than the same thing at 23, all other things being equal.
Dear OP, this is a totally sweeping generalization... take your own path my friend. Its the better one and will create your beauty.

Last edited by redpepper; 01-31-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 PM

Self-irony is a great protector against self-destruction - great that you can see yourself, and laugh/sigh in the same breath.
It's really good for us to know what we really want. And it's really good for us to know that doesn't give us a right to it.
Oh, and +1 for the "nice writing" thing . Tell us more, as and when!