Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 06:37 PM

thank you and no i wasn't offended you just weren't sure what i meant i can be confusing sometimes with how i write
Old 06-30-2009, 05:02 PM

I worry sometimes that people confuse wanting to live out a fantasy (my husband holding me while I hold someone else) with being poly. On the other hand, I do believe that if you live out some fantasy, it is possible that it could open one's eyes to the possibilities of having more than one love and living a poly life. Some of us just don't know what we're truly capable of, til we get the chance to try.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 PM

well actually i've had polyamorous relationships piror to my marriage
Old 07-04-2009, 04:48 PM

so we found a potential gf, i found her on a dating site and she lives 30 minutes away. She's new to the concept and is unsure about it. So since she feels that she would feel she was being interrogated, she wants to go on a date with one of us at a time so I volunteered my husband for the first one. They are gonna go on the date when we save up some more money, i'm really nervous.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:41 PM

Good luck... if it is meant to be, it will go well.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:00 PM

Poly is opening ones heart to include others in the light of your love..
Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Custodian

Would you people PLEASE stop responding to spam!

PLEASE!

Next time I'm using the F-word.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
Would you people PLEASE stop responding to spam!

PLEASE!

Next time I'm using the F-word.
are you talking to polychronopolous Neon?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:05 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
are you talking to polychronopolous Neon?
I'm talking to everyone. Not that anyone is listening.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:01 PM

ohhhhhh can i relate!!! hubby and i are in the SAME sitch! only it's reversed...he wants to and i am scared as hell. mainly because i do not form friendships or get beyond "hey what's up?" with almost ANYONE...i keep people at a good safe emotional distance so it scares the crap out of me to consider it. the sex...ehhh...it's sex. i don't care. i'll do what the situation calls for, girl...guy...both...whatever. i almost can empathize with a prostitute on that level. i don't connect. but ever forming a bond with anybody??? HA!!! and now that His polyamory thing has come in the picture i have found i am trying to protect myself from him in case he finds something new shiny and better....even though time after time after time (we haven't ever done anything unless it was with two of our mutual female friends) whenever i get scared or clingy he reassures me that I "am his potatoes" he could survive off me and enjoy it...he only LOVES me for his life partner. but that somehow doesn't quite do it for me. i feel like i am expected to go into this thing being happy getting 10 or 20 or 40% of the love and attention of anyone i am with and just be happy about it. i can't wrap my head around how there CAN be enough love or whatever. and i think it's cuz I myself show preferences...i prefer my puppy over my cats...i prefer blueberries over strawberries...i prefer lady gaga over madonna...and i give each the attention and love accordingly...so in other words i DO give less love and attention to the cats...i eat more blueberries...i listen to gaga, even to the exclusion of the others. i make sure basic needs are met but i really don't try to go farther. so maybe your hubby is having the same "starvation economy" thinking that i am struggling with...where he thinks just because you may have feelings for someone else, then your feelings toward him decrease?? just a thought...