Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 AM

Not sure how anyone can come out of Ohio sane. Karma and I sure didn't.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
Not sure how anyone can come out of Ohio sane. Karma and I sure didn't.
Me either. LOL
Old 02-25-2011, 07:12 PM

there are quite a few new users lately so I thought I would unearth this thread, in hope of response.... people chose the most fascinating names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Mine is Redpepper and the story behind it is that I was having an emotional LDR with a man who is also a redhead. He used another veggie for his on line name and he suggested that I use redpepper for my name on Fet life, as I was starting an account. I didn't end up using that but decided to here.

I wish now that I hadn't used the name I did on Fet life as it is the only one of it's kind out there and at least redpepper is harder to google... you get a lot of red pepper recipes.... fine with me!

Anyway, I would change everything to this name if I could as it suits me somehow, or have I become someone because of it.... don't know.

It's funny because my nicknames in real life are far more soft and squishy.... kinda lovey and endearing. What does that say??? I'm a hard ass redhead when redpepper and not so much in real life? HA, you'll have to guess on that one... Mono would know. Probably a little of both..

If I had to pick a name for Mono that would suit him in real life it would be "schooner" as it's his fighting name. Or maybe "the littlest Hobo" as he saw himself like that at one point... or "sherpa" as he tends to carry all the stuff while the core primary family walks ahead (his choice I have to add!).

I wonder what he would pick for me?

My husband would be "mushroom" as he is a mushroom geek... always researching, picking, growing, getting together with a local mychological society... or maybe "fuzzy" as he was called that in high school due to his ultra curly blond hair.

Anyway, would love to here others?
cool to read this back... some stuff has changed. I use redpepper or pepper minx for just about everything now on line. Pepper minx is my burlesque name. I guess that isn't on line. My mistress name is redpepper in real life too... okay, maybe more than on line?

I have become my name now and although I have thought of changing it a few times to start fresh after hard times, it seems important some how to battle through and add the empowerment I get from the experiences I get while using my name.

Last edited by redpepper; 02-25-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:23 PM

I'm a self-confessed couple hunter, but unlike the mythological WHITE unicorns, I encourage also non-virgins to come closer, braid my mane and maybe give me an apple to munch on while at it. So, no previous sexual history-based discrimination in my corner of Unicornia.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:17 AM

I almost always use JenzZx2 for everything. I'm an auto enthusiast and that was my first car that I started modifying, and it also is what brought my husband and I together! However, I was slightly concerned about how it would come up in searches (not that many people search for me, haha).

So I went with JenAgain. A) because I had to make up another screen name.. again. B) there are 1398562309483 Jen's in the world. I'm just another.

Voila.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:26 AM

Default My name

"ladyintricate" is from an e. e. cummings poem which I will post for you. I have honestly been using this name online since I was in high-school (31 now!)

I love poetry in general and this name is great because it is pretty much NEVER taken by someone else.

Enjoy the poem!

if i have made,my lady,intricate
imperfect various things chiefly which wrong
your eyes(frailer than most deep dreams are frail)
songs less firm than your body's whitest song
upon my mind-if i have failed to snare
the glance too shy-if through my singing slips
the very skillful strangeness of your smile
the keen primeval silence of your hair
-let the world say "his most wise music stole
nothing from death"-
you only will create
(who are so perfectly alive)my shame:
lady through whose profound and fragile lips
the sweet small clumsy feet of April came
into the ragged meadow of my soul.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:17 AM

Default poetry

that's a pretty good poem ladyintricate. i like the line

your eyes (frailer than most deep dreams are frail)

it snagged my attention. have a good day!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:14 AM

Thanks Catbird! I like your avatar picture.

The other reason for my name is that it can be taken to mean that I am complicated...which I am. lol.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 AM

I chose to use one of my names just for the poly boards (for privacy reasons)... and the 101 was kind of a throwback to college, 101 for introductory courses... as I am new to the poly life I thought 101 was appropriate, I'm still learning.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louise101 View Post
I chose to use one of my names just for the poly boards (for privacy reasons)... and the 101 was kind of a throwback to college, 101 for introductory courses... as I am new to the poly life I thought 101 was appropriate, I'm still learning.
We have a local group called poly101 for the same reason.

Tags
names, online names