Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2011, 05:43 AM

Default Trying to figure this whole thing out

I'm so glad that I found this forum, I am trying to figure out how this whole thing works. My wife is poly and she has a boyfriend their relationship is fairly new and growing. I was raised in a very traditional family with traditional values. My wife was raised in a "poly" family. I put it in quotes not to devalue it only that I don't fully understand weather it was a true Poly relationship or if they were swingers who had slightly permanent boyfriends and girlfriends, I don't fully understand. So she fully understands why and how this works out to everyones favor and how it can all work. I am still working through some of my more major issues. Red (my wife), monster (the BF) and I all have a great relationship. He and I are becoming very good friends.
However I am working through some major issues of jealousy, envy, and time management. I never thought I was going to have to divide the time I have with my wife with someone else. Because of my job I spend a lot of time away from home, and monster does too. Actually right now because of our jobs she has a husband and a boyfriend and is still alone physically right now. But it does on certain levels bothers me that she would choose to spend a night away from me, and with someone else. There are also the more obvious physical relationship things that I am still having issues with. However I know that this makes red happy and that is the most important thing for me. This forum has helped me already in another thread that I posted and continues to help me by the support that is given across the board to everyone on the forum.
I know there is not some magic answer that is just going to make this all better for me, but I am working through it all. I am doing my best to have an open mind and work through my issues. I hope that I can continue to count on the support from everyone here. And I am glad that we are as open and honest about everything that we are even if that honesty hurts from time to time. Like I said I guess I am trying to figure out how this is going to work out