Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 AM

When I was growing up, I was told that the gentleman living with my great-grandparents was a "family friend," or a "boarder." Years later, after they were long gone and I was researching my family tree, a relative told me he was Nanny's boyfriend.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
When I was growing up, I was told that the gentleman living with my great-grandparents was a "family friend," or a "boarder." Years later, after they were long gone and I was researching my family tree, a relative told me he was Nanny's boyfriend.
Very cool. No community, no forum, no word *poly* just living it. That's awesome. The longer I'm in this the more its becoming that. We are slowly just living our lives like any other family.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
LB is doing a school project this week for his week of "star of the week" he has lots of pictures he wants to put on the bristol board I got and showed them to his grand parents tonight. There are lots of Mono in there and he is obviously very proud. I just posted pictures to FB of our family at Christmas and other events. We all look content and happy; especially LB. He talked about his pictures and I asked him what he will say about the ones where we are all standing together as a family. He said, "that is mumma, daddy, me and Mono... he is my best buddy." I just smiled and thought... "well, here we go, one more step towards completely being out." His principle has already asked who Mono is... I think we will go with LB's version. He is his best buddy.
That's awesome!
Sweet Pea has always been that way with GG. GG calls Sweet Pea his little buddy too.

I think it's great that your son has another wonderful loving relationship and isn't afraid to say so.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:19 PM

It's very rare that we get asked who Mimi or GG are in reference to them living with us.
GG has lived here for 8 years next month.
Mimi has lived with us on and off since she turned 18 *she's 35*.

So most people just consider it "the way it is".
Old 01-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I just posted pictures to FB of our family at Christmas and other events. We all look content and happy; especially LB. .
I'll update my albums on here tonight! Those are great pics

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-15-2011, 07:52 AM

Had a lovely date with Derby last night. Lots of talks and smooches and lovvvvvin' mmmmm... nice. So great to reconnect and have some quality time. It's been awhile. We dressed up and went for dinner and then came and watched a move and cuddled in my room.

Did I mention I love my room?

I love my room....

very very much. I think I have NRE for my room. Yup, I do...

beginning a fun weekend of play, eating, and relaxing.

Next week a date with Leo, and two coffee dates with poly peeps. I had one tonight too. I love poly talk and love to be supportive and help others figure out their shit.

Its a good life right now.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:05 AM

That is wonderful, RP. I'm feverish seeking a local network of active poly folk myself. I just rejoined a local meetup group that I unjoined last year due to a lack of activity. Looks like the activity has picked up though in the new year so we shall see. I'm not far from the Loving More headquarters but they have a discussion group during the week next week and it is too long of a drive for me to try to make back that night being that it would be my first time driving outside of Denver and I'll be alone so I'll have to miss out on that but I am working on becoming a moderator for one of the local groups so that I can not only build the activity and engaging conversation but I can meet more like-minded people and keep up regularly scheduled face-to-face events.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:43 AM

So this was another full weekend. I realized last night at a BDSM event that I do much better in a smaller group. The crowd wasn't as big and I felt much more like I could listen and talk because of it. For some reason at these events especially I get more overwhelmed than usual. I think that most people think I am just arrogant, snobby, judgmental, I don't know what, when really I just need to transition and adjust to the environment... or that I am just doing all my tricks to be okay in the circumstance.

Last night I took a long while to get into the scene of just being there. I ended up blindfolding Mono so that he would just stand there and no one would come and talk to us. He stood beside me, collared and on his leash and patiently waited until I directed him.

I have been feeling owned by him lately and that he is the dominant one. I have felt of late that because of the issues that arose with Leo that I don't have a say in how my heart may wander. It's hard to dom someone when I feel that way.

I decided to turn that feeling around to reflect my frustration in this and to take some control back and punish him for this feeling I have. I gave him a good flogging on the scaffolding and left him hanging off of them. His ass was raw. I don't usually flog his ass as he hasn't been able to take too much of that, but last night I went to town. Bruises arose this morning.

When I was finished I felt better. I felt empowered again and in control of what I do with my heart. He enjoyed it too, although we didn't really have a good enough check in I am now realizing...

This will always be a constant struggle with Mono I think. There is not way around it. I can't ask him to push himself and don't feel that it should be necessary. I just have to trust.

We are all in a really good place right now, after a long battle to establish ourselves. I really don't want to do anything but enjoy what we have. What happens tomorrow will be revealed when it needs to be. I am not crying out for my needs to be met. I just want to have a free heart. I have that as much as is able.

On other topics... my sex life is all wonky. I am trying to think of ways to balance it better. I can't seem to grasp how. Or that I even want to... I would be doing it for PN.

PN and I don't have sex often, although he has been asking lately... he has an expectation that I go to bed at 10 and that we have sex and that I stay there. I don't want to. I don't mind having sex, I just don't want to go to bed yet.

Most times I don't feel like it with him... I love him and am attracted to him, but sex is not my priority most of the time... with Mono it is. I don't know if PN knows that as it's not something that is up for discussion or up until now is something I thought should be... but maybe I should talk to him about it.

I don't know what the point would be and I don't want to hurt him by talking, but after carefully considering it for some time I wonder. I suspect it will do more damage than good as he is not the same as Mono in a sexual way and is who he is... his desire to have sex and mine with him is totally different. Should I try and change that? Do I want to change that? What do I hope to achieve by saying anything on this topic? I'm good with how it all is, I just don't know if he is...I guess I could ask him some questions and see how he is doing... I dunno... kind of lost on this one. Some input would be awesome.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I just have to trust.

What is it that you are trusting in Lilo?

There's a lot to process in this post in many areas. Glad you shared this

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 01-18-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
What is it that you are trusting in Lilo?
trusting in time and in my gut... and you and fate. and the love I feel for you.

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee