Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 PM

I would say both my husband and I are on the introvert side, probably one of the reasons we both married relatively late compared to our relatives (though many of our friends married at ages similar to ours). We're not total introverts though - we do get a positive charging from interactions with people very close to us gathered in low numbers. I hate the dynamic of large parties and small talking about nothing and trying to meet people that way. I end up watching the party, and my husband is not really much better at the large party dynamic either. My ideal social evening is a dinner party for no more than a total of 8 people, where maybe one or two are new and the rest are known.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:47 PM

Me- poly, extrovert
Hubs- mono, introvert
2Rings- poly, extrovert (but a homebody-if that makes sense)
KT- mono, introvert
Old 01-17-2011, 09:01 PM

I fall right in the middle of the introvert/extrovert spectrum. RP is most definitely an extrovert and I think my husband is too, although he's not one to go out in search of large groups but he does like to socialize.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I fall right in the middle of the introvert/extrovert spectrum. RP is most definitely an extrovert and I think my husband is too, although he's not one to go out in search of large groups but he does like to socialize.
really, he totally relies on tons of alone time to rejuvenate... he pulls of a good impression of extroversion though, both men do. You and I are similar I guess.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 AM

Default I/E

I'm quite introverted, as is Beloved. I don't know for sure where Pool Boy falls on the spectrum - I would guess more introverted than extroverted. The man I'm currently casually dating is definitely an extrovert which has been an interesting change of pace.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 AM

I'm typically more introverted, although my job requires a great deal of interaction with other people. I do struggle with assertiveness and confrontation at times, but I think I've been able to overcome alot of that in recent years. I grew up with very loud, outspoken people so I think that's where I get my introversion from.

My husband is a tough one to peg... He's definitely quiet at times, but can also be very well spoken and confident. I would think he's introverted by choice, unlike me who can be introverted because of discomfort and insecurity.

My boyfriend is a University Drama Major so one guess what he is :P He's a very likable guy, gets along well with all kinds of people.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:48 AM

When considering myself as either introvert or extrovert I guess it depends on weather an introvert avoids social settings and an extrovert seeks them.

I don't seek social settings and feel quite comfortable by myself. When I find myself in social settings I am very social however. Socializing is enjoyable but not a "need" for me. Friendships are also like that so who knows? Can you be a mix?

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-18-2011, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
When considering myself as either introvert or extrovert I guess it depends on weather an introvert avoids social settings and an extrovert seeks them.

I don't seek social settings and feel quite comfortable by myself. When I find myself in social settings I am very social however. Socializing is enjoyable but not a "need" for me. Friendships are also like that so who knows? Can you be a mix?
This question is asked in terms of how you regain your strength,,, in a group? or by yourself. The OP is using this concept to determine introversion and extroversion. How would you fare Mono?
Old 01-18-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
This question is asked in terms of how you regain your strength,,, in a group? or by yourself. The OP is using this concept to determine introversion and extroversion. How would you fare Mono?
Ahhhh.. Thanks Bbay, definitely by myself There is a a potential problem with this though. It has set me up to think the best solution to any problem is to strip myself of everything and be purely alone...that's never a good thing when you love people and they love you. Moderation is the key

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 AM

maybe you are more on the way to a balance than a complete introvert then Mono?

Tags
introversion/extroversion, personality types