Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 AM

The only plan so far is at the end of the month when Derby and I plan to go for dinner and then dancing with our friends... the dinner part is the valentine's part. Other than that, no plan has been made... we go on a lot of dates already, so it wouldn't be much different... maybe a token of love some how... which we also do ofter... pooey, can't think what would be different than any other time really.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM

Indigo and I don't care much for V day, so he's already said Mr. A can "have it" if it's important to him.

I don't think we'll be doing anything special, assuming he's still in town at that point.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:20 PM

i think bowling is a great idea. u can get everyone cute little red and white beaded necklaces..yes, i'm geeky like that too, lol.

or recently, my boyfriend, his wife and our children..8 all together!! went ice skating and had a great time.

i highly recommend iceskating.

go for it and have fun!!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Well, V-day was my husband's birthday, so there was never an option to celebrate there while we were together... And it's my boyfriend's anniversary with his spouse, so I don't feel right joining in on that.... so I've never really had any particular traditions.

I like the idea of Valentines, about the same as I like the idea of most holidays. I gotta say, though, what I would want is a cheezy homemade card with red paper hearts and doilies and bad poetry (Think: OMG, BBQ. Don't you know that I love u?), pink candy popcorn and movie in for the whole family.

I think your ideas are GREAT! I'd be happy to be treated that way!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:47 PM

I don't have strong feelings about Valentine's day, but my primary invited my girlfriend and me to come with her to an event, so we're celebrating together this year. We've been coming out to more people; people we all know are also going to be at this dinner, so it's a good opportunity for us to step a little further out of our closet. Exciting!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 PM

Thank you for everyone's replies!

LovingRadience, i'm sorry to hear your experience last year turned out so upsetting. i hope that whatever happens this year, its better for you.

its interesting to see how different groups handle events differently. i'm not so bothered by the idea of a romantic night for us - just getting a night out for us, i think would be really good and as i said - this is a great excuse! we've not really been on a date all three of us yet so it should be a good laugh.

i've booked us a lane at the local bowling alley (they have an arcade there too - is it sad that i'm looking forward to beating my girlfriend's ass at street fighter? ) which i've told her about for us to surprise him with. and now i'm in talks with him to book a nice dinner somewhere for us to surprise her with. *giggles and claps* i love it when a plan comes together! (think i need a cigar now)

i happened to be in the card shop today and saw matching cards - but i think that would be going much too far.
"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things" - Grace Hopper, one of the first computer programmers and all around amazing woman. she coined the term "debugging" for fixing computer errors after finding a moth in one of her machines. one of my personal heros.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksilence View Post
i happened to be in the card shop today and saw matching cards - but i think that would be going much too far.
Oh, no-no-no, not too far! Go all the way! That's awesome!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-13-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Oh, no-no-no, not too far! Go all the way! That's awesome!
I concur!!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 PM

details on the cards, because now you're making me doubt..

they have images of the King/Queen of hearts card from a standard deck on the cover and then respectively "you're my king/queen of hearts" written inside. total cheese-ville. i just kinda liked them because they were so instantly recognizable as a pair. (or maybe the beginning of a full-house - har har)

there was another card that attracted my attention which said on the cover in big words "i love your penis" and in little words at the bottom "you're not so bad either" - obviously a joke and all three of us have that kinda humour. unfortunately there wasnt one that referred to a Vajayjay (its sad but i find that word So amusing)... perhaps i should create one.
"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things" - Grace Hopper, one of the first computer programmers and all around amazing woman. she coined the term "debugging" for fixing computer errors after finding a moth in one of her machines. one of my personal heros.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:43 AM

I keep threatening to get Mr. A a V Day card:

Roses are red...
Violets are Blue...
I love her...
and so do you...