Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 05:45 AM

If you are in a triad then I would question if anyone is Mono.... wouldn't you be in a "V" if that is the case? So, are both of our men mono then... ? or Poly? Is your husband interested in others, or does he have another?

It's confusing your use of Mono to describe someone other than my Mono... hmmmm... is it possible to call him something else?

I hear you on the questions from the parents and the jealous they have around not spending time with us. I am facing that more and more these days... in fact it has come down to a family talk soon.... AHHHHHH! I feel as if I were 10 and about to get in trouble.

Hope that you are getting some much needed community from this forum.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM

Every once in awhile I thank the good spirits I am the black sheep of the family and no one cares who I spend my time with. Sure, they love me, but I established from very young I was not theirs but my own person. So they're glad to have me about, and just as glad to leave me be.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 PM

Redpepper:
Sorry to confuse you with the titles: mono and V. These are completely new terms to me and I thought Mono was the term everyone maybe used for the person who wasn't married in the relationship? and I understand V but, didn't even know such things existed in the first place. Hence feeling a bit crazy or different. My husband is only with me and my "friend" is only with me. I have always been in a hetero monogamous relationship in the past and have no interests in any other pursuals. My dance card is full!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:36 PM
Custodian

Well, that IS what "mono" means, but RP's boyfriend's user name is "Mono" (with some additional letters after), and that's how we refer to him in the 3rd person on this forum for short.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey View Post
I thought Mono was the term everyone maybe used for the person who wasn't married in the relationship? !
Heehee..no "Mono" is the name I use because I am wired monogamously...in that I only Love and want Redpepper in a physically intimate way.
The person who isn't married but involved with a married couple doesn't need to be monogamous. Usually they are "commonly" referred to as secondaries.
They can be poly too.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-01-2009, 09:31 PM

Yes, thanks ygirl. That is what I meant. Thanks for clarifying for me. I was assuming pokey that you had read other threads and knew that.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM

I think I get it now!! Sorry for the confusion....So therefore my label would be :I am the only poly one and I am with two men wired straight mono men who only want me, but have agreed to share me!! So this is a V , right?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 PM

Correct! That is a V Pokey.