Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Olderwoman Olderwoman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 65
Smile Greetings!

Once, many years ago, I fell into a deep sleep and dreamed of a world where people really did form loving polyamory relationships. I guess I visited that world. They dressed in togas and lived in Roman-looking buildings. The weather was perfect all the time.

I was met by my lover who looked like a God or Michelangelo's statue of David. He had blond hair. There was some sort of celebration going on to honor me for some reason. (I was a dark haired beauty.) There was a long table loaded with food, mostly fruits and veggies. There were large pillows everywhere, or were they bean bag chairs?

Anyway, my love brought me a gift. It was a beautiful dark haired man. I had never really met him, but it was love at first site! We didn't just have sex. We made love. It was real love. It seemed that everyone had a great deal of love for each other in that place. Some had very special long term relationships.

When I woke up I found myself in a very different kind of world. Too bad. I liked that one a lot. It seemed so real. Maybe it exists somewhere...

I'm not in any relationship but I know what real polyamory is ~ even though I have only experienced it in a dream.

About me:
I have found that being single does not stifle my spirit like marriage does. I was married twice and both times it smothered my inner joy and peace.

I seek the fountain of middle age. LOL I seek friends of like mind.

Last edited by Olderwoman; 01-01-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-01-2011, 02:07 PM
GroundedSpirit GroundedSpirit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New England USA
Posts: 1,231
Default Welcome

Welcome !
Hope you jump right in and enjoy your time here.
Your attitude (from the intro) is beautiful. Don't lose it !

GS
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Magdlyn's Avatar
Magdlyn Magdlyn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Metro West Massachusetts
Posts: 3,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderwoman View Post
Once, many years ago, I fell into a deep sleep and dreamed of a world where people really did form loving polyamory relationships. I guess I visited that world. They dressed in togas and lived in Roman-looking buildings. The weather was perfect all the time.

I was met by my lover who looked like a God or Michelangelo's statue of David. He had blond hair. There was some sort of celebration going on to honor me for some reason. (I was a dark haired beauty.) There was a long table loaded with food, mostly fruits and veggies. There were large pillows everywhere, or were they bean bag chairs?

Anyway, my love brought me a gift. It was a beautiful dark haired man. I had never really met him, but it was love at first site! We didn't just have sex. We made love. It was real love. It seemed that everyone had a great deal of love for each other in that place. Some had very special long term relationships.

When I woke up I found myself in a very different kind of world. Too bad. I liked that one a lot. It seemed so real. Maybe it exists somewhere...

I'm not in any relationship but I know what real polyamory is ~ even though I have only experienced it in a dream.
Lovely sexy dream! However, being poly is not just about making love. Wish it was sometimes. But it's also about work, compersion for your partner's other lovers, and hurt feelings, and doing the dishes, and taking care of kids and pets, and and and...

Quote:

About me:
I have found that being single does not stifle my spirit like marriage does. I was married twice and both times it smothered my inner joy and peace.
I am also glad to be out of my stifling 30 year marriage to a straight vanilla guy. There was a lot of good there, but we grew apart. Now I am with a partner who's always been poly and kinky, we're both queer, and I am so much happier!

Quote:

I seek the fountain of middle age. LOL I seek friends of like mind.
I'm 55. Got separated from the ex over 2 years ago. Be happy to exchange notes on living poly.
__________________
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Olderwoman Olderwoman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Lovely sexy dream! However, being poly is not just about making love. Wish it was sometimes. But it's also about work, compersion for your partner's other lovers, and hurt feelings, and doing the dishes, and taking care of kids and pets, and and and...
Yes I'm sure it is. In this world I'm sure it is quite a challenge The dream was just the vacation I needed at the time though. It was like another world, perfect in every way. The world we live in here is not so perfect. I think of it as a lot more challenging.

Thank you for your response to my post here.

Quote:
I am also glad to be out of my stifling 30 year marriage to a straight vanilla guy. There was a lot of good there, but we grew apart. Now I am with a partner who's always been poly and kinky, we're both queer, and I am so much happier!

I'm 55. Got separated from the ex over 2 years ago. Be happy to exchange notes on living poly.
I am 61, living single for the past 12 years, not dating. I live in a very small town... remote from the hussel of the city. I am an artist.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Magdlyn's Avatar
Magdlyn Magdlyn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Metro West Massachusetts
Posts: 3,724
Default

Oh! So you havent been with a lover at all in 12 years? Trying to get back into relationships after a long break? It's interesting your beautiful dream has inspired you to reach out to romantic possibilities.
__________________
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Olderwoman Olderwoman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Oh! So you havent been with a lover at all in 12 years? Trying to get back into relationships after a long break? It's interesting your beautiful dream has inspired you to reach out to romantic possibilities.
I have found wholeness and peace of mind through friends, spirituality and my art. I have not often found myself attracted to anyone within reach physically. When, on a rare occasion, I do feel an attraction to a man in person whom I've just met, he is usually married and unavailable. (rats!) LOL

Most of my intellectual friends are in my computer.. LOL!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 PM.