Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderwoman View Post
I would, but I don't know HOW or WHY anyone would misconstrue or be offended by the statement.

I can speculate that perhaps because I am from a different generation there is a communication gap going on. (I am 61 years old.) Am I too old to be in this forum?

I do speak from experience and I have observed that more women than men give a lot of importance to being "understood." Its a generality of course, but I certainly did not think or intend to offend anyone.

If being offended easily is not being "fragile" emotionally, I don't know what else you would call it. I have learned to be a little more "thick skinned" than I was when I was in my 20's. I forget that younger people are sometimes very sensitive and fragile and it is hard to talk to them frankly.
Ah, there you go... you are not too old to be here... age is irrelevant to what we talk about here. There is wisdom in every age. What is relevant is the way in which things are said... I hope my previous post helps with that... if there is still confusion then please feel free to PM me. That way we can get on with the topic at hand.

Last edited by redpepper; 01-02-2011 at 05:51 AM.