Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 02:32 PM

communication is something I have never really lacked in as far as with the people I am involved with lol and I have even done pen pal type of stuff before so if need be I can actually sit down and write a letter as well.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 AM

Am I the only one after having done LDR for 9+ months that gets a shiver down the spine if the thought I have to do it again comes up?

I can understand how some people that love their space can love LDRs, it's like having a relationship you can put on hold. But personally I'd rather be put in a coma for 6 months than do a 6 month LDR.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciselove View Post
Am I the only one after having done LDR for 9+ months that gets a shiver down the spine if the thought I have to do it again comes up?

I can understand how some people that love their space can love LDRs, it's like having a relationship you can put on hold. But personally I'd rather be put in a coma for 6 months than do a 6 month LDR.
I quite enjoy long distance, as long as that distance isn't too long. I like to be able to see the people I love often. Unfortunately, I have a lot of really close friends that are even in other countries and such. But if you love them, the struggle is worth it. As long as I get to be with them one day.

If it is made obvious that we can't live together, I'd make sure I was out of there. I make it clear to everyone from the start that living together, as long away as it ever might be, is an important thing for me.
=]
Old 12-29-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:

Maybe because those of us in it don't look at it like

a) it can be simply put on hold
b) it isn't about space

It has nothing to do with either. It did in yours, obviously. But not others.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Maybe because those of us in it don't look at it like

a) it can be simply put on hold
b) it isn't about space

It has nothing to do with either. It did in yours, obviously. But not others.
If you read what I wrote correctly you would see I said people that love LDRs are likely like that. I don't love LDRs, do you?
Old 12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Custodian

Quote:
If you read what I wrote correctly you would see I said people that love LDRs are likely like that. I don't love LDRs, do you?
Polyamory is about loving people, not about loving logistics.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
Polyamory is about loving people, not about loving logistics.
Well said.

I am sure there are people in ldr's who like the distance for those two reasons, but I bet most don't. I bet those same people like those same things in local relationships but don't have the social ability to create their own space or time. So long distance is easier for them.

People who suck at mono,poly,ld, live-in, bdsm, monkey sex, casual sex....will suck at every relationship. Poor relationships are built on the backs of people who suck at relationships. Not the relationship style itself. Some are most definitely harder than others...but all relationships take work.

Last edited by Ariakas; 12-29-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 PM

I get a kick out of the negative LDR talk. I have learned to just smile and nod.

...and monkey sex. Owhhh sweet monkey lubbin'.

So if I want hot-monkey-sex from afar, does that make me doubly bad, or doubly good ?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
...and monkey sex. Owhhh sweet monkey lubbin'.

So if I want hot-monkey-sex from afar, does that make me doubly bad, or doubly good ?
Depends on who controls the monkey

Last edited by Ariakas; 12-29-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 PM

I would not seek out an LDR or be very likely to begin dating someone I'd never met. But if I had a relationship that became long distance and I deeply cared about that individual, I'm sure I'd figure something out.

Last edited by ray; 12-29-2010 at 09:01 PM.