Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-28-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
I took the quiz twice. The first time I got INFP, the second time I got ISTJ.

Is there such a thing as a WTFF?
I suspect the difference between the two means you're fairly balanced, registering near the middle of N/S, F/T, and P/J. Of course, without a good description of the ratings and how a couple of different answers can make for changes in descriptions, then the "WTF?" response is warranted!

The official test forces one letter or another. The one test I took allowed for equal ratings in a pair and the "X" designation for that. I think the latter approach is the better of the two. It would allow for me to be XXXP and you to be IXXX on any given rendition of the test and make the swing between letters on other takings to be wholly understandable.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:48 PM

Keirsey on ENFJs -

http://www.keirsey.com/teacher.aspx

River's Blog
Old 08-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhCrow View Post
I suspect the difference between the two means you're fairly balanced, registering near the middle of N/S, F/T, and P/J. Of course, without a good description of the ratings and how a couple of different answers can make for changes in descriptions, then the "WTF?" response is warranted!
Funny; when I was in my 20's, I was all about being flexible, compromising, and showing the world how "not-uptight" I am. I also wasted a lot of energy doing that (not to turn the conversation to sex AGAIN, but the one thing that comes to mind as an example has to do with my experiences with anal sex, but there ARE other examples, I SWEAR!). At some point, I gave up being concerned about how I "come across to others" and I don't care if my preferences and eccentricities make me seem "uptight" or "closed off". I like my comfort zone and don't feel compelled to transcend it just for the hell of it. The way I look at it is, if someone has a problem with my comfort zone, go find your own.

I think I feel a poem coming on.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
The way I look at it is, if someone has a problem with my comfort zone, go find your own.
I like that.

how about this for a t-shirt:

"If you don't like how I live my life,
how about getting one of your own?"

River's Blog
Old 08-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiverMartin View Post
I like that.

how about this for a t-shirt:

"If you don't like how I live my life,
how about getting one of your own?"

That would be grooovy except I hardly ever go out where people could read it!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 PM

I lived that way (slightly hermit-like) for a bunch of years in the last decade. Now I need to be more socially involved. The pendulum has swung back and forth a few times over my four+ decades of life. Slow-swinging pendulum.

River's Blog
Old 08-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiverMartin View Post
I lived that way (slightly hermit-like) for a bunch of years in the last decade. Now I need to be more socially involved. The pendulum has swung back and forth a few times over my four+ decades of life. Slow-swinging pendulum.
This is getting a bit OT, but I just love my cats so much, and they are at home, so that is where I need to be if I want to be with my cats (all 30-something of them, mostly ferals, but some are friendly). So, it's not really about avoiding people PER SE, but there aren't many humans who want to be around cats as much as I do, and the ones who do are busy with THEIR cats (i do rescue/fostering, and a lot of the "quality time" I speak of is spent cleaning up after them).
Old 08-28-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
(i do rescue/fostering)
That's a great service you're providing! I also love cats, but the cat Kevin & I kept (I don't like to call them 'mine,' as if they were property), now deceased, peed on Kevin's meditation pillow, and that was his last day as an indoor kitty! -- and probably the last time we keep a cat indoors ... largely also due to the fact that we're both midly alergic to them.

I also love cats -- but when we have land enough for her, our next "pet" will be a labrador retriever! -- also outdoors, though with a proper doghouse for those colder nights.

River's Blog
Old 08-28-2009, 07:51 PM

Well, technically they are property... Learned this the hard way when during my divorce, my ex wanted MY cat. It is a little wierd that living things can be property, i know.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:54 PM

The law regards dogs, cats, etc., as property, but that doesn't mean that I must or do. I think of them as friends or potential friends -- cross-species friends.

River's Blog

Tags
myers briggs, personality, personality test, personaltiy test, psychology