Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 12-28-2010, 06:57 AM

Default Tilda Swinton's poly relationship

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazin...marriages-0809
http://polyinthemedia.blogspot.com/2...household.html
http://practicalpolyamory.blogspot.c...9e1227cd6616a7

Last edited by redpepper; 12-28-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Very interesting links... but I'm intrigued by the idea that many individuals are in relationships with three or more... who don't label themselves poly... either they don't know the word, or are avoiding labels in general. (not just high profile people, but everyone).

This lifestyle makes sense for actors who are frequently away from home and family for several months as they work. This provides a solid home base and the comfort/love of home in a strange place. Very practical...

and yes, those services could be hired out... A nanny for the children, a housekeeper for the home, an accountant, etc. I've had a lover fix my car... far more satisfying than hiring a mechanic.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairegoad View Post
Very interesting links... but I'm intrigued by the idea that many individuals are in relationships with three or more... who don't label themselves poly... either they don't know the word, or are avoiding labels in general. (not just high profile people, but everyone)..
Or they find the word brings with it a world of assumptions. Polyamory doesn't suit everyones poly experiences as it can be used in a very exclusionary manner.

Other reason, she would be harassed to be the poster child of a movement she may not want to invest in. In her need for privacy, announcing she is poly could destroy her privacy.

Very cool set of articles, thanks rp
Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 AM

Wow, she met her younger lover in Narnia, where he was a centaur. The White Witch got with a centaur! hehe! Hot.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37