Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Neon, if you were a horse-person, you would be a centaur.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Neon, if you were a horse-person, you would be a centaur.

I am a centaur, like redpepper and many others here.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
I am a centaur, like redpepper and many others here.
LOL Niiiice!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
I am trying desperately to lose weight, and apart from having gastric banding done, I have tried pretty much everything. I am in a catch 22 situation - I need to excersise to lose some weight, but I cant excersise because of my health.

A lot of days I just want to give up.

My husband says he finds me attractive still - I personally dont feel it, but his perception of me is obviously much different to my own perception of myself.
I totaly get the trying but can't. I have to do low impact and be very cautious in how I work out. It's been a slow going fight. I have just this year kept a stable weight, so I am hoping 2011 will be my year to knock some of the weight off, but I know it'll take quite awhile, going the pace my body needs to keep from hurting.

Karma has told me there were times when I was thin that I was unattractive and times when I've been heavy that I've been very attractive. It's all in my personality and how I hold myself.

When I'm feeling confident and good about things, I can still turn heads. When I'm feeling down, in pain, or just not caring, I know people whisper behind my back.

My type has always been the big muscled jock. Football and hockey players. Body build wise, Karma is not my type, nor I his, but our connection throws all that out the window. As far as women, I need to see muscle tone. Big, small doesn't matter. But I need to see the athleticism. I think part of it is because it is something I prided myself on for so long, and no longer have.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
Karma has told me there were times when I was thin that I was unattractive and times when I've been heavy that I've been very attractive. It's all in my personality and how I hold myself.

When I'm feeling confident and good about things, I can still turn heads. When I'm feeling down, in pain, or just not caring, I know people whisper behind my back.
Definitely this!

Taking care and pampering yourself, including getting a good hair cut regularly and making sure your clothes fit properly can do a lot for yourself esteem. For some reason, it's easier to exercise and eat healthy when you feel good about yourself.

About 4 years ago, I was skiing 2 days every weekend (kid was on the ski team) and walking 3-4 days a week. I was probably in the best shape I'd been in since high school, yet I was still just under 200lbs. I could keep up with my brother, who is extremely athletic and strong (and weights less than me). Fact was that I could out ski about 80% of the people at our local mountains. It was really fun to show off that this plus size girl could kick their but on a pair of skis.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:35 PM

What's sexy about someone has a lot less to do with their shape and more to do with their eyes and smile and a fearlessness about being themselves. I tend to be attracted to people who are a little bit different, who don't fall into the typical run of the mill "pretty" category (that includes ultra-thin). I tend to like curvy or athletic women and men who are cuddly.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
What's sexy about someone has a lot less to do with their shape and more to do with their eyes and smile and a fearlessness about being themselves. I tend to be attracted to people who are a little bit different, who don't fall into the typical run of the mill "pretty" category (that includes ultra-thin). I tend to like curvy or athletic women and men who are cuddly.
You would hate me then. I'm super skinny.

No...Really. I'm 6'4" and only 170 lbs!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
You would hate me then. I'm super skinny.

No...Really. I'm 6'4" and only 170 lbs!
Yep, too skinny for me! But then again if I was to judge when I am at my thinest I'M too skinny for me...5'5" and 125 (I'm currently slightly heavier than that).
Old 01-06-2011, 12:11 AM

Location: :P Cautiously looking around this new world that seems to fit...

I've hesitated jumping in on this thread as I come in right at the other end of the scale... I wouldn't even fit in the featherweight category

I am borderline healthy for my height.. 161cm and approx.. 46k at last weigh (I think)... I tend not to weigh myself as I get depressed that I *HAVE* to eat more... (which is not to say that I am anorexic or bulimic (as I am not - I have been to a doc and checked - I just have extremely efficient metabolism, and low blood pressure (which means I get to eat salty stuff like its going out fashion )

I have to agree with the last posts - it's all in your own self-esteem... I do not find myself attractive... but, I am confident (to a large degree) in myself, I am happy and mostly outgoing... the world at large seems to find these qualities attractive, and therefore views me as being attractive and approachable. Go figure.

One of these days I plan to start weight training in an effort to build some muscle to help with the body mass thing... one day

Engaged to my sweetheart, WaterWolf

my blog (non-poly) Pearls & Pixiedust

Old 01-06-2011, 12:54 AM

A a larger fella, I don't tend to think one way or the other. I am not a fan of the extremes especially when they involve poor health. At 6'5 and 280...at this height the smallest I had been was 222 when I was in great shape. I am most confident at...250 to 260 (my "playing" weight). 222 was too small, I was judging myself based on my skinny face etc. Anyways thats besides the point.

past that, its all about the confidence. If you have it, people see it. If you don't...people will look right past you. Find what works for you and work towards it.

Tags
dating, image, sexiness, stereotypes