Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 11:10 PM

I have never had a preferred body type. It's all in the eyes for me at first, and then the pleasure of discovering the rest, how deep the beauty goes. If you were to line up all the people I've dated you would see every body type, both genders, many skin tones, hair colors, styles of bearing and dress.

Every one beautiful in their own way. Every one flawed in their own way, it's part of the beauty.

The soul is the sexiest thing about a person to me, and though I have been deceived by a beautiful pair of eyes that went hollow with time, I can say with certainty that skinny/thin has never had anything to do with my perception of a person's sexual energy.

Sexiness beneath the surface-eyes, hands, laughter, kindness, self-love, searching, growth, that's what does it for me.

-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 PM

For every body type, there is someone who will find it desirable. I learned that lesson young when an ex went on to only date plumper women. I thought I was all hot, but clearly he thought I could stand to gain some weight.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:12 AM

Wink Is thin the only sexy? Hell no!

Is thin the only sexy?
Hell no!
Personality, confidence, the ability to be sexually open, and the eyes... it's always about the eyes...
Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinccenzo View Post
For every body type, there is someone who will find it desirable.
Something I like to say is this: There is a lid for every pot...Some pots have two or three lids, and some lids, will fit more than one pot.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:48 AM

I'm loving all the responses here... ! I had no idea that the link I posted would be of such interest. I'm glad.

For the record there is nothing like a knowledgeable, confident, round and fun lovin' person. grrr....

Someone who knows themselves and is willing to give and be given too all in the realm of exploration and open communication is what excites me.

The size of their structure is somewhat of an issue as I like to be able to pin them down and I am 145 lbs 5'2" that is not easily accomplished sometimes unless the person is willing to submit. so ya, attitude is everything.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:37 PM

Im not even going to go into what I weigh, but lets just say I exceed the weight limit for trampolines, most camping chairs, and the operating tables at the local hospital.

I have ALWAYS been huge, and up until a few years ago, I was always FIT with it. I could go all day - work in the paddocks, do fencing, stack hay, ride horses all day and not be 'dead' half way through. Fit, thinner and thin people could not keep up with me.

When I got sick - well, with THIS lot of stuff, I could no longer do the things I used to, and I have suffered big time because of it.

I barely eat, however due to my health I am restricted in my movement and am not very mobile at all these days. I am generally not allowed to play with sharp objects or go play with the horses outside on my own as I tend to pass out, which as you could imagine, is not real good!

My health condition has nothing to do with my 'size' - its something that does not discriminate at all, and my doctors have actually told me to eat more salt, something someone of my size generally does NOT get told to do.

My blood pressure is too low most of the time, and while yes my skeletal pain is not helped by my weight - it wasnt caused by my weight - when I was able to move around and do stuff, it didnt cause an issue at all.

I am trying desperately to lose weight, and apart from having gastric banding done, I have tried pretty much everything. I am in a catch 22 situation - I need to excersise to lose some weight, but I cant excersise because of my health.

A lot of days I just want to give up.

My husband says he finds me attractive still - I personally dont feel it, but his perception of me is obviously much different to my own perception of myself.

I get so sick of people who label 'skinny' people as people who starve themselves and are that way because they did it to themselves, or people my size, the same way - but overeaters. And do you KNOW how horrid it is to have people stare at you if you go out for dinner and happen to have something a bit naughty?? They all assume you eat that stuff ALL the time.

Skinny people and fat people do not CHOOSE to be that way for the most part. There are many health issues that mean that their bodies dont cooperate with them the way they wish.

I have never looked at anyone in terms of attractiveness based on the size of their body. I am a sucker for eyes, a smile and a sense of humor. Those three things are what get me in a person.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Custodian

i'm just curious and don't mean this disrespectfully at all, but you mentioned being too heavy for the operating table, yet riding horses. Isn't there a weight limit to what horses can carry? From your description, it sounds like you weigh at least 300 pounds, and that seems like a lot for a horse to carry on its back.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:09 AM

Horses work on a form-to-function rule. People have tried to come up with weight % of what a horse can carry, but really it`s relative to the conformation of the animal, and the breed. There are small and mighty breeds that can carry a lot, while some large breeds might have to stick to the weight ratio rule.

If the horse`s conformation allows for a short back, good hocks, and strong feet(bones in the hooves, specifically), and good 'bone' then there is a good chance plenty of horses can carry a 300 lb person.

Usually the trial is more with getting on and off the animal, then in potentially hurting the horse.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:52 AM

No worries NeonKaos, fair question

What SourGirl said is dead true. Depends on the horses conformation, breed, and type.

We have rather heavily built horses and they are the ones I hop on from time to time. I also drive one of them in the cart and harness - no 'weight' on the horse with a cart - they are just moving it along on its wheels.

I am certainly not silly about what horses I ride and wont get on a horse not built right for me. And yes, getting on an off is what can be the main issue - using a mounting block ensures that there is not excess weight on the horses back or the saddle twisting it as a heavy person tries to get on.

I am also a 'light rider' as I have been told by many riding instructors I have had over the years - meaning that I sit balanced and its not an 'effort' for the horse in the way that I ride.

I know people who are stick figures who ride like a sack of potatoes and that makes it sooooo hard for the horse.... having someone bouncing up and down on them all the time and their weight not in the correct position is no fun.

If ANY horse I got on happened to groan or feel not right under me, I would be off like a shot.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Custodian

Thank you; I'm not a horse-person, so I need these things explained to me.

Tags
dating, image, sexiness, stereotypes