Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 PM

I will be home next week and will give in return then
Old 12-23-2010, 07:21 PM

I just took stock of myself while waiting for Mono with my two clients (treating them to coffee, poor dears, its hard for them too); dirty jeans that are three days old, dirty coat due to moving boxes, out side plants and lawn furnature, no make up, crazy red hair all over the place because of the wind, complete with mats and grease, bags under my eyes, I look really awesome right now. *sigh* goes with my mood at least.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 PM

You poor thing!
You need a big hug and kiss!
I love red hair-even if it's windblown and going crazy!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I just took stock of myself while waiting for Mono with my two clients (treating them to coffee, poor dears, its hard for them too); dirty jeans that are three days old, dirty coat due to moving boxes, out side plants and lawn furnature, no make up, crazy red hair all over the place because of the wind, complete with mats and grease, bags under my eyes, I look really awesome right now. *sigh* goes with my mood at least.
You're still beautiful no matter what.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:27 AM

thanks LR and Derby. *hugs* feeling much better now.

My co-workers and I bonded like never before this week. We went through a huge life altering moment this week in moving our office. It isn't really related to here or anything that I can really pin point, but I am changed and love them all the more now. I am so fortunate to be blessed to work with a team that is so incredible. Even our clients came together and we did it together.

Christmas has really been good this year. Dinner at PN's mum's last night went really well. PN's brother was there and met Mono for the first time. They were polite and chatted with him. There was some confusion I sensed from them, but I gave each man attention as I normally would and we all acted like ourselves. They couldn't deny that things seem really humming along well between us both. I really like PN's brother and his Korean wife. I have known them both since they were teens and the wife was a student living with PN's mum and his brother for awhile. They have a wonderful way about them and a sense of humour that is similar to all of us. The brother designs video games for a company in a near by city and LB listened to him talk about his work with wide eyes... after they both palyed together on their DS's. LB LOVED it! He is connecting more and more to his uncle each time they hang out... even if it is just once or twice a year.

PN's mum is staying dry this season and was really struggling last night. I don't think I have even experienced her being sobber for any occasion. I was really impressed and noticed a huge enjoyment to everyones comfort and enjoyment of the evening, besides her. She was embarassed that I said something, as she feels she doesn't live up to my mum and her sister. Total bullshit, and I told her so... if you read back on our story you will see how much love and support she gave us where they could not. She said she never has understood, but as she cheated on PN's dad and left him for PN's best friends dad; his now step dad, she didn't think she should judge as we aren't hurting anyone and we are all benefitting. I gave her big hugs, told her how proud she should feel and how I admired her. I told her I love her and wish her success... then I told her I would leave her alone as she was obviously done with my attention heh, I do like to lavish support sometimes.

Today I texted everyone in my address book and enjoyed getting responses from people I haven't talked to in an age. We got up and hung out admiring the foot prints santa left and drank coffee with Bailey's. LB looked at the science books he got last night. No interest in more presence. He prefers the magic of it all. He is so much like me. I never ate halloween candy or wanted to open presence. I just liked the magic of it all, the story behind it all. We eventually got to it opening gifts... I got a lovely three heart pendant from Mono and martini fixin's from PN among other wonderful things. LB got a watch, a wallet, and TONS of lego atlantis. Funny, santa got him double of one... opps. I guess that will have to be a gift for one of his friends.

After some pancakes that PN made we went for a walk and got someone to take a picture of us at a local park on the ocean that I walk to as much as I can. I found a note from Mono stuck in a rock crevace that we have been using as a note spot for two years now. I have a huge box of notes now all expressing his love. I was pleased to get one today. It seemed so poiniant somehow. I looked out for a moment over the water to the mountains beyond and felt right in the world.

After a few errands and relaxing... and a lot of eggnog martinis *hick* LB now await dinner. PN and Mono have done everything. I so appreciate all the efforts they have made to be organized and Christmasy where I was unable this week. We pulled it off together. Even managing to avoid the embarassment of missing a gift to PN's brother! I bought it quickly on the way home from work.

I am so happy. I talked to all my loves today, Derby included. Leo as well; albeit in texts... and now sit here, buzzed and content after a shit week. Nothing like going through shit to come out of it feeling grateful, and enjoying life more. This is what it's about. I think of Brene Brown from a few pages back when I posted about her writing and realize that I have not one single relationship that is numbed down. I live with everything that I can muster and it means that moments like this are absolutely perfection, or at least as close to it as possible.

Maybe it's the eggnog talking
Old 12-26-2010, 04:36 AM

Or maybe it's the 'less stress' Christmas????

I had one of those & it was awesome!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:14 AM

That sounds like a lovely day. I wish I had one just as lovely... *sigh*

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 12-26-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
... and TONS of lego atlantis. Funny, santa got him double of one... opps. I guess that will have to be a gift for one of his friends.
The funny thing about LEGO, is that doubles still just means more parts, so unlike some gifts, you can get as many as you like as they're all still useful.

Merry Xmas RP

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 12-26-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
The funny thing about LEGO, is that doubles still just means more parts, so unlike some gifts, you can get as many as you like as they're all still useful.

Merry Xmas RP
Very true II, although I know a boy that likes lego too I think I will give it to him this summer for his birthday.

merry christmas to you too.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:32 AM

Default wanted to put this somewhere as I like what I said about LB.

Little buddy (LB) is an absolute joy. He is the one I want to hang out with when my life is hard and I need solace. I went and sat with him tonight as he did some craft project that I didn't understand. I cut something when he asked, held things that were gluing and he fed my soul and made me realize that when life sucks, its important to remember its as simple as doing a craft that is tough to do without adult help. He reminds me every day of the simple joy of life. Money can't buy that, extra time can't buy that, grown ups don't do that like a child does. To me LB is the spirit of life in our house.

Children are a little piece of heaven and a little piece of hell. Anyone who can parent well deserves a medal for having to deal with that huge continuum between the two.. It really is a life time achievement. It's taking life by the horns and living it. It's a right of passage for some that defines the stage of life they are in. To me it has become the glue of my entire childless family (my boy is it). Especially at this time of year!

I really don't think people need to parent kids. I just think that they should include them in their lives and do their best to be there for kids. It really does create a healthy balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Once kids start school or you watch them with a group of other kids, it isn't hard to tell which ones don't have any siblings (even if they have been in daycare). I think once they are adults, things tend to even out. It really doesn't matter as long as the parents are invested (may mean regular play dates and living in a neighborhood with other young children).
exactly, we are raising an only child. None of our sibs have kids, LB is the only one in an aging family of almost 40 year olds. I make sure he spends a lot of time with other kids at school because of this and bend over back wards to create interesting play dates for him and his friends so he might have one on one time with them. He doesn't like kids coming to the house and prefers his down time over hanging out with other kids, but its all been done before and I am not worried. He is always smiling, self motivated and very popular at school. He is confident and makes sure we know what his preference is and what his needs are. I am very proud of how he is being raised. even more so now that he has an extra grown up buddy that loves him and cares for his well being. Mono is on our will as being his guardian if we both die. Mono get the house and LB gets our money. Mono could have tenants to pay the mortgage and we have really good life insurance. I feel very comfortable with our arrangement and the life we have set up for LB...

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee