Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
Yes, different to me, RP. Was just commenting more on poly in public.

Funny, I was proud to be out with the guys, but not in a look-at-me sort of way. I was proud of each of them for who they are and felt lucky to have not one but two wonderful men.
exactly we are so fortunate.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
exactly :d we are so fortunate.
:d :d :d
Old 12-26-2010, 05:10 AM

I didn't mean "flaunt it" in the way of "going out of my way" to be obvious, just doing typical affectionate things with both of them. I just meant by holding both their hands at once, or arm around them both, or them holding hands and I holding one of theirs.

Young men especially seem interested in us as a triad, turning their heads and pointing to their friends, things like this.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:14 AM

My girl's smile is the fullest, biggest, brightest smile in the world when she's walking down the street with me on one arm and another boy on the other. That's the moment when she's positively beaming. I'd be poly in public just so I could see her like that, even if people spat on us as we sauntered by.

But happily, we never even get any second glances.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:39 AM

I was having a really, really awful day a few months ago so we decided to go for a walk, just my husband, boyfriend, and I. We were walking down a quieter street, with me in the middle, holding hands with each of them by my side. It's not especially often that all of us are together, but that day, I was so grateful for the support they were providing. They were both there for me <3

I think the larger risk is people who aren't aware of our poly relationships seeing us out with our respective "other partners" and not understanding.
Each of us as inadvertently confused some people by being seen by people who didn't know. In one case, the person asked, we told, and all was good. In another case, someone saw me holding hands then giving a kiss goodbye to my boyfriend and became very concerned, gossiped with other people rather than coming to me. Fortunately, the person she gossiped to was aware and filled her in. We don't go announcing to the world that we're poly, but are happy to explain to those who want to listen.