Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
roommate/best friend/emotional-gay-boyfriend needs to look through his dirty laundry and find those big-boy pants he hasn't used in a while.
Agreed.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:03 PM

Well I'm glad you got to the bottom of it a bit more. That was half the battle. Or at least a big chunk of it anyways. Now you can discuss with him what to do about it all; a plan of action.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:52 PM

This man is a player period. He has not been honest with you from the start.
Unfortunately, he has used Polyamory to find fuck buddies to refuel his self styled lovelife. His only loyalty is to his roommate/best friend/lover.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
roommate/best friend/emotional-gay-boyfriend needs to look through his dirty laundry and find those big-boy pants he hasn't used in a while.
Yeah, pretty-much. Either he IS gay for boyfriend, and this makes him jealous, or he's got serious issues - not his place to decide who his friend is with or why. Time to get over it and be a good friend. If he has concerns, sure, voice them, and then move on.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvartSvensk View Post
Yeah, pretty-much. Either he IS gay for boyfriend, and this makes him jealous, or he's got serious issues - not his place to decide who his friend is with or why. Time to get over it and be a good friend. If he has concerns, sure, voice them, and then move on.
Wow i'm so glad people appreciate my chosen metaphor for this situation.

Of course, I wasn't trying to imply that it's all roommate/BFF's fault. Obviously, a lot of it has to do with the way BF reacts to roommate/BFF.

But as I re-read the OP, I decided that there is much more than meets the eye going on in their relationship. I think it's interesting how OP was "replaced" by another long-distance "emotional" girl-friend after moving to the same locality as BF. That, and roommate/BFF doesn't seem to be threatened by the LDR-girlfriend/s. Yes, I said "threatened by". I don't think this issue with BF's friends "not accepting" his relationship with OP has anything to do with the poly factor. Oh sure - poly is a convenient scapegoat. But the whole thing sure reminds me of me when I was in love with one of my female friends many years ago, and I would try to find things wrong with the guys she tried to hook up with. Especially the part about being "pouty" and leaving in a huff. I didn't LIVE with my girlfriend, but if we went somewhere and one of those guys was there, I would refuse to stay. I'll be the first to admit that I was emotionally selfish and immature at that point in my life, and didn't know what to do with myself when something didn't go my way in a sexually-charged situation.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:55 AM

It appears from here that the BF needs a large mug of Grow The Fuck Up and either come out as gay/bi with his BFF or move into his own space and stop relying on the opinions of his friends to run his life.

In any case, I'll wager that the BF just really isn't available for a relationship with any woman who lives nearby, and that he engages in serial LDRs to keep the women at both a physical and emotional distance. He's got some issues that need to be addressed before he's ready for relationships--hetero or homo, mono or poly.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.