Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2010, 08:31 AM

Thank you sage. This is what I was wondering and waiting for someone to notice huge points about RG when I read the last days posts.

You are not acting like a mono RG. Or at least trying something different out that isn't monogamy.
So, let me get this straight. Wife is sharing stuff that you reckon you *own* yet you are too and that is okay? Its okay for you to meet up with Bree, fuck her brains out, finding you care for her and call it by no describing words, but you object to your wife doing the same thing and calling it poly? Hmmmm? Have I got this right?

If I have I'm sorry I am struggling to have any patience with that. I'm sorry you are hurt, but you seem hypocritical. Not to mention your fuck fest seems a tad like you were getting even. Might be wrong, please correct me if I am, but it seemed a bit fast to be rushing into sex when your relationship with your wife was not stable. Something in the way you announced you fucked her made me think you were saying "there, I did it... Okay?! Take that!" Sex complicates emotions. It does for a lot of people anyways. Therefore diving into it too early can fuck with your head.

I suggest you slow down, take a breath, adjust your thinking you own your wife or her freedom as that is her right to have and start appreciating what you've got instead.

She isn't going anywhere. You have all the things you love around you and a new woman that needs some time to adjust to this situation. Take it slow, relax, do some work on what you *think* because you were taught it from our monogamous culture and see if you come up witn the same statements you made a few posts back. If you do, then move on. If not then you have a place to start.

That's what I reckon anyway.

Tags
divorce, mono, mono poly, mono/poly, monogamy