Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
I admit to being one of those who gets annoyed at this actually. =P I have places to go and don't appreciate it all that much. =P
I remember all the girls did that with their friends back in school. Taking up the whole corridor and walking reeeeeeeally slowly. I was often late to my lessons because of this.
Well, we walked quickly.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't mind all the cuddliness and stuff. That's why I wouldn't mind being in same beds. I don't think I'd particularly mind if they really wanted to go at it with me there either. If I really need to sleep, I will anyways. I sleep through anything. =P It'll probably be the death of me though. House is burning down and the most I do is throw my quilt off in my sleep, so I can cool down. =P
I can see it now,

"1 man dead in house fire. He was evidently passed out so hard when his lover and her OSO were making love in the bed next to him that he did not awaken to the cacophony around him. The lover and OSO claim that their own lovemaking was so wild that a candle got kicked over and the entire carpet was in flames before they themselves realized that there was a problem. They were unable to rouse him and unable to move him from the bed without dropping him on the burning carpet.
Emergency service personell were able to remove him through the window but he was pronounced dead from severe smoke inhalation at the scene of the fire.
The lover was taken to the hospital under sedation, hysterical over her evident loss and the OSO accompanied her suffering shock, smoke inhalation and 1st degree burns on his arms and legs.
Authorities are investigating the story of this apparent "poly-v" dynamic to ensure that this wasn't a murder. There is some question as to the validity of the story due to the unusual nature of the claimed relationship. However, thus far all details seem to check out in this bizarre "love triangle, death by fire situation."

I couldn't resist.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 PM

I have been told that I better let you all know that Spicy Pea suggested that amusing take on the dynamic.
(no she's not too young, she's 19 and pregnant, she can handle a few amusing stories from the poly board)

I would love a cuddle pile, but unfortunately that seems to always result in awkwardness with Maca as well. Hopefully in time he will relax. He has no issue doing these things with his OSO and I. He just has issues with doing it when it's my OSO.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
I have been told that I better let you all know that Spicy Pea suggested that amusing take on the dynamic.
(no she's not too young, she's 19 and pregnant, she can handle a few amusing stories from the poly board)
I enjoyed it!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:34 PM

I'll let her know. She was laughing over the abrupt switch of topics in his post and whilst I knew exactly what he was saying-it was cute. Hope he enjoys our humor too!

And of course-hope that never actually happens!!!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:53 PM

Haha, I loved it. ^_^ I may have to save it to my computer. =P So we've come to the conclusion that showing affection in front of other partners leads to death by smoke inhilation. I hope we've all learnt from this.
=]
Old 12-24-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Haha, I loved it. ^_^ I may have to save it to my computer. =P So we've come to the conclusion that showing affection in front of other partners leads to death by smoke inhilation. I hope we've all learnt from this.
I think the conclusion was actually not to fall asleep, and to stay up and watch! This way you can prevent the fire or at least run for your life :P
Old 12-24-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
I think the conclusion was actually not to fall asleep, and to stay up and watch! This way you can prevent the fire or at least run for your life :P
Shhhh, don't tell them that, they might enjoy it. =P

That makes me think of another question though. In the privacy of your own home, when 2 are doing their thing in the bedroom, would most people sleep on the sofa or the spare room instead? *assuming you would usually sleep together anyways...*
=]
Old 12-24-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
I figured someone would have a lot of experience with the opposite. It's cool that you have found men like that too. I'm not one of them personally. I can admire a good looking man, but I do not want to be joining in with sex. I wouldn't mind sleeping in the same bed though. Say I was in a V with a female hinge [I think I'm using the correct terms!] and She wanted to sleep in the same bed with the both of us. I'd have no problem.
when I was your age, I would have answered the same way. At 18 I wasn't ready. Now I would ... try and do it in a heart beat, for either of my lovers. I have yet to do it...but I would give er the college try.

For me personally, cuddling is really intimate. I don't do it with just anyone, and sure as heck wouldn't do it with another guy. Having sex, with the woman, for the woman, is very different then cuddling in close with another dude.

I am a PDA guy. I like affection and I like showing it. Its how I roll. I am physical with those I love.

Last edited by Ariakas; 12-24-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
when I was your age, I would have answered the same way. At 18 I wasn't ready. Now I would ... try and do it in a heart beat, for either of my lovers. I have yet to do it...but I would give er the college try.

For me personally, cuddling is really intimate. I don't do it with just anyone, and sure as heck wouldn't do it with another guy. Having sex, with the woman, for the woman, is very different then cuddling in close with another dude.

I am a PDA guy. I like affection and I like showing it. Its how I roll. I am physical with those I love.
So you feel that you and another guy having sex with the same woman at the same time is less hard for you than cuddling with them both?

I don't find it is anything to do with my age that I wouldn't do that. I just feel more comfortable with the opposite. Most likely, I'd always be on the opposite side of our female partner and my cuddles would be intended for her, but if he is in the same bed, he'd sure better not be too sensitive to the idea of my arms round him too. =P

I'm just not attracted to guys in a sexual way and so would never want to be involved even side by side during sex. If watching was involved, I'd be concentrating on the woman. But would rather he was watching us than me watching them. I'd most likely leave them alone for it and just sleep in another room.

If it was a triad relationship with 2 women however, I'd be happy to have them both join in. But I feel it could probbaly be awkward. I shall just have to wait and see if that experience comes my way. But if it was just a V, again, I'd leave them to their business.
=]

Tags
affection, intimacy, touch